Chapter 12-Coincidence

Cont from last chapter.

Josh's POV

After Rhiannon fell asleep I grabbed the joint from my bag and went out onto the balcony.    I sat and thought about what she had asked me.   After a while of sitting and thinking I heard the balcony door next to ours slide open.  

"Fancy seeing you here." I said, Sloan jumped as she turned around.

"Jesus Josh, you scared me." She had a blanket wrapped around her and she walked closer to my balcony.

"Sorry," I giggled as I brought the joint to my lips, "How's Sam?"

"He's passed out, but he's going to feel like shit tomorrow though." She laughed as I walked over and passed her the joint.

"Why aren't you passed out as well? Don't you have an early day tomorrow?" I asked

"Can't sleep," She took a hit and looked away, "Too much on my mind." I stood up and walked closer.   I had the same problem, but I knew if I mentioned my mind being full to Sloan she would make me talk about it.  I wasn't even sure how I felt so there was no point.

"Want to talk about it?"

"I wouldn't even know what to talk about, my emotions are all mixed up right now." She replied, I knew that was her way of telling me she really didn't want to discuss it with me.  I knew she still felt torn between Jake and Sam.   I couldn't imagine having to choose between 2 people, having feelings that intense for more than one person sounded terrifying.  That is what Rhiannon was asking of me, how was I supposed to have feelings for anyone else when I felt so much for her.  It didn't seem like it was possible.  My whole heart was hers, I didn't feel like I had any more of my heart to give to anyone else.  It kind of hurt to know that she didn't feel as much as me. 

"Alright, well I'll leave you to your thoughts and get back in there with my lady." I reached over the space between the balconies and hugged Sloan,

"Here," She said trying to give me back what remained of the joint,

"Keep it, it sounds like you need it more than me anyways." I whispered as I stepped back into the room.   I slipped back into the bed and was eventually able to fall asleep.  The next morning I woke up before Rhiannon.  I looked at my phone and saw that the whole group was going out to brunch before heading to the next venue. I still wasn't sure how I felt but I knew what I was going to tell her.  I went over and sat next to her on the bed.  I pushed some curls out of her face gently, She was truly the most beautiful person I had ever seen.  I leaned down and kissed her forehead. 

"Babe," I said quietly as I rubbed her arm gently with my hand to wake her.  She slowly opened her eyes and stretched. she grabbed me and pulled me down to the bed, kissing me,

"Rhiannon, we got invited to brunch," I laughed

"Alright, we have time," She said between kisses,

"And I'd really like to talk before we go," I said pulling away

"Alright, fineee.." She groaned, "So whats the verdict?" I laughed softly, partly out of nervousness and partly over how casual she was about this whole thing.

"Well, I guess it definitely surprised me, but it occurred to me that this probably isn't something you just randomly thought of, cause you said you blindsided me, which led me to believe this has always been in the back of your mind, and last nights events just started things off?"

"Well, I've always just been in open relationships. This is the first time I've wanted someone to be more than just a fuck buddy." She glanced up at me, "I'd like you to be my boyfriend, I have really strong feelings for you, but I don't think that prevents me from having just as strong of feelings for someone else as well.  It's not like affection is a limited thing."