Part 17: Revelations

The book began flipping its pages, as though someone was already there. When I stood in front of it, the flipping stopped and on the pages were big, bold letters.

Old Tower and its history.

Take your time.

The voice whispered, tingling my ears. I covered them instantly, hoping it won't whisper any further but instead, the voice laughed, a melodious one and the presence I felt, disappeared.

I looked around the bright, secret room, thinking of what else I could do here. There wasn't any chairs for me to sit and read, so I had wanted to pick up the book and bring it home.

But as though the room could read my mind, some chairs materialised out from nowhere and I was already seated on one with the book in my hand. Snacks were on the table and I ate as I read the pages.

-♧-

1 hour later

I didn't realise that time moved faster when you're reading.

I looked up from the book, looking at the clock on the wall. In that hour that I was reading, I managed to get so much history on how the Old Tower came about but none were useful informations about how to find them.

Or about what to do once I found the tower.

As Louis had said, the wizards from the old tower were not friendly and the book confirmed that fact. There was an excerpt from someone who had met them and it sound strangely familiar.

It reminded me of someone but I shook my head, getting rid of the thought that came and go.

"Sadly, it's time to leave."

I sighed as I placed the book back onto the stand at the middle of the room, knowing that I would be in trouble if I as much tried to bring it out from this room.

Just as I placed the book down, I blinked and suddenly, I was no longer in the secret room. I was in the library, at the seat I was at before I was brought towards the room.

I heard the clock ding and turned to look at it. Shocked, I rubbed my eyes slowly and looked again.

Strange, wasn't I in that room for an hour? Did I go back to an hour ago?

It was evident that the room was capable of stopping time.

Which means I could have spend as much hours and days in that room and no one would have known I was gone.

I smiled at the information I had received and noted it down in the notebook I had brought. I have to make sure I know as much as I can before I attempt to talk to a wizard from the Old Tower.

Though one question remained unanswered: how to find them?

There was a vague answer to it, which was the Old Tower could be found at the outskirts, near to the entrance into the country but it was not stated which entrance the tower could be found at.

And the fact that Eveburke has four entrances made it harder to determine where I should go first to check it out.

Also the fact I have no excuse to even be close to any of the entrance without raising suspicion from my father and my siblings, it will be difficult to check each of the area for the Old Tower.