Part 04: Library

I woke up with no schedule for today, so I thought of visiting my younger sister.

When I had arrived at her room, the maid told me she wasn't in and told me to make way to the library.

Hearing that Calista was at the library was common. I mean she does enjoy surrounding herself with books and art supplies.

Besides, Father build the library in the Residence, especially for her hobby. Just like how Father had found out my hobby for gardening and invested on a huge greenhouse. That was something that past life Ashley wouldn't have: a hobby.

I was too busy preparing myself to be a worthy Duchess that I forgot to relax and enjoy life.

It was a good thing that I can relive my life again and go through a different path.

I brought myself out from overthinking as I have arrived at the library. I opened the heavy double door and was instantly greeted by bright lights. The lights were coming from the huge panels of windows, as natural light is ideal for a pleasant reading experience.

I went in, eyes searching for my sister. It didn't take me long to find her, on the second level of the library, browsing through the magic section.

Calista was not one who was interested in magic so it was a strange sight to see that she was at the magic section of the library.

"Ouch!"

I heard a loud cry of pain and turned towards the sound. It was the third prince who had hit his sides against the edge of the table as he was reading while walking.

At least now I know the reason why she was at the magic section.

I bit my tongue; I had wanted to sigh and scold Prince Hayden for walking and reading but he is still of royalty so I changed my mind.

"Sister, I didn't know you were here!"

Calista saw me from the second level and waved down. I smiled back to her.

"I just wanted to spend time with you!"

I shouted back to her. Calista nodded furiously, collecting all the books she had picked out. I made up my mind to wait for her at the reading spot, right in the middle of the room.

Once I took a seat, I closed my eyes to bask in the warmth of the sun that was coming in through the window.

"Excuse me, that is where I usually sit."

I opened my eyes to see Prince Hayden, standing impatiently, tapping his feet as loudly as he can.

"I apologise, Your Highness."

I bowed my head slightly and scoot to the side to let Prince Hayden sit.

He silently sat beside me and continue reading the book in his hand, as I sat and waited for Calista to finish picking the books she needed.

"Thank you for waiting."

Calista said as she set the books in her hands down in front of Prince Hayden.

"Here is the books you asked about. I'm glad Father had bought all the books available."

Prince Hayden went through the stack of books once and then just looked away, bored. He nodded as thanks but didn't say anything other than that.

"I was wondering why you were at the magic section for books when I know you had never been interested in magic."

Calista smiled gently, picking up another set of books that was on the table to drag to her. She smiled down at the books then turned to me.