Part 21: Louis Roux "Rosling"

"I am so sorry for what had happened to you. It must have been traumatic!"

It was dinner time. I had managed to just gotten enough rest before I have to face questions and sympathy from the Royal family. Princess Katrina had heard what happened and she had been by my side ever since, asking if I'm alright and so on.

I won't say I'm happy with the attention: I had been mistaken for her in the first place. She was the reason I ran with all my might. But at least she didn't ask me what happened, unlike father.

Father knew I was still recovering from the attack but he had been constantly asking me about the event and how it lead to that. I kept mum about the situation. I felt like I should be telling this when I'm going to be questioned by the knights, not by my own father.

"Yes, I'm still recovering from the event."

I smiled at Princess Katrina who sat by the princes. Prince Leonard forwarded his concern to my health, while Prince Harry kept quiet, not even looking in my direction. I saw him trying to cut his brother numerous time, to get to the perfect moment to express his concerns but he couldn't interject.

A part of me melted at him trying while the other part called him an idiot. But I knew I have already got it bad for him. With flushed face, I turned away from the direction of my crush so that I won't get caught starting at him. But my gaze fell upon Louis and his glare.

I have no idea what was wrong with him. He had been very grumpy lately and as his sister, I became worried. He was one of the person who wasn't from my previous life so I couldn't compare even if I wanted to.

Heck, everything is even different now so I don't even know what will happen anymore.

Louis was still glaring. So I end up just smiling at him and pretended I didn't notice what he was doing.

Be careful with him.

The voice whispered as a warning. I flinched out from shock from the voice suddenly appearing again but I didn't understand the warning.

Be careful of who?

Of course, I didn't get a reply and just sat there, trying to solve the mental puzzle I have.

Him. The voice said him.

I looked around the table. Looking at the potential threats that were close to me but I can't find one.

Prince Leonard is engaged to Princess Katrina, so why would he want to kill his own love.

Prince Harry had been flirting with me and I doubt he benefit from killing the Princess.

Prince Hayden seems to always be occupied with Calista nowadays as he waste his time away in the mansion library.

Then I looked at Louis, and I felt uncomfortable once again. I had never had this feeling of unsure whenever I was around my younger brother but with his actions currently baffling me, I singled him out as the "him".

-♧-

That night, I laid awake on my bed. All because of me feeling unsafe as my life had been on the line earlier on. I also began to wonder how did Louis came into my life.

Because in my previous life, father, who had traveled to Lemmania as an envoy, returned without Louis beside him.

Maybe it was because father was stressed finding news that I had bullied Calista, that he rushed home without thinking of anything else but the safety of his youngest daughter.

So in this life, father had no more worries since I took a different path and didn't bully Calista which made him took his time to leave Lemmania and travel home, which caused him to meet Louis and adopt him as his son.

Now that I think about it, it was strange that Louis managed to adapt to the life of nobility so easily.

As though he was used to it before.

I shook my head.

"No, it can't be like that. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I mean I was almost killed and the warning is still ringing in my ears."

I sighed. It could all mean nothing. I turned to my sides, looking at the window and the moonlight that painted the floor.

Tomorrow will be another busy day, as Princess Katrina requested Calista and me to accompany her with picking an engagement dress.

Father had also extended our stay as our presence will be greatly loved by the soon-to-be engaged royal couple.

It struck me as I just remembered that in my previous life Calista was the one supposed to be engaged to the crown prince.

"Wait..." I finally realised what was happening. "Is someone trying to assassinate Princess Katrina because she wasn't suppose to be the one to get engaged?"

No, that would mean someone is trying to follow the path that happened in my previous life.

The life that has Calista and Prince Leonard engaged and me, dying by his hands.

I felt sick to my stomach and bile forming in my throat. My eyes began to water, as the realization hit me. Fate in this life wants me to die in the hands of my beloved sister and my friends, the princes.

But why?

-♧-

Author's note:
Omg, last touched this in September and I had been reading this over and over again to make sure that I don't forget the plot and also to get the motivation to continue again.

Anyways, this chapter is kinda short since I edited it and deleted many parts off since they felt redundant. I'm not sure if this edited version is better but I hope yall understand what's happening now.

Finally the plot thickens. Hope to see you in the next chapter. Very soon.

-♧-