Part 25: Back Again

I opened my eyes at the noises around me. Once I was fully able to see the faces, I felt confused as I didn't see father or Calista in the room with me. Not even the princes. But this people, they seem familiar to me but I can't put a finger to where I had seen them before.

"What happened?"

After I had spoken, everyone flinched and took a step back, looking like they were trying to get away from me.

I closed my eyes, suddenly feeling tired. After trying to talk, my throat felt dry. Like I had eaten sand. My mouth didn't taste good too. I looked at the bedside table.

No water.

In an instant, a maid got on the floor, pleading for her life. I was confused as I stared at the maid. Her words were causing me a headache. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose.

Before I knew it, the guards had already started dragging her out as she continue pleading for me to not kill her.

"Kill her..." It was meant to be asked as a question but it didn't came out as one.

However, as soon as the words left my mouth, a man, older than my father and was wearing a butler uniform, quickly bowed.

"I understand, my lady."

He instantly instructed everyone to leave the room. Except the doctor who was telling me about my prescribed medicine. He looked anxious to leave the room so I raised my hand to dismiss him.

He looked so relieved and happy that his life was spared that he thanked me so many times and left as quickly as he can.

"What–?"

I watched, mouth opened as the door closed. I don't understand what was happening. I remembered I took a walk in the garden in the castle of Lemmania with Prince Harry. We were enjoying our time when I noticed a beautiful red flower.

Though the flower looked out of place, among the white flowers, I assumed it was due to the breed. Intrigued, I approached the flower while Prince Harry followed closely behind.

The last words I heard was that the flower was poisonous, which now makes sense for it to be a different colour but also didn't make sense because what kind of royalty will have poisonous flowers in their garden that would be frequent by guests?

No point questioning it since it was their castle and their garden anyways. I should have been more careful.

I laughed quietly, the sound echoed in the room that suddenly felt so big to me. Looking around, I realised that this was my room back home. Did father panicked and asked for a teleportation portal from the magic tower?

Maybe he did. But now it confused me even more because why wasn't father or Calista in the room with me?

"Maybe they're busy with the investigation for the mysterious red flower."

I nodded to myself. It felt like such a long time since I was able to be alone like this. Usually, Calista would be stuck to me like glue, or father would occasionally knock on my door just to ask a few questions.

Hell, I won't even be in my room for the day as I would be so busy entertaining the princes who would visit almost everyday. It was tiring but I never regret the moments I had with them.

I also almost rarely get sick, as father had been very paranoid about health every since mother passed away from bad health.

"Mother...it had been a long time since I thought about her."

I could feel the sadness in my heart as it clenched the muscles. I don't like thinking about mother. Her death really distraught everyone in the family since mother was loved by everyone. Even the servants wouldn't go by a day not crying whenever mother was a topic they talked about.

Father had it worst, of course. He lost his wife, a few months after giving birth to Calista. He didn't blame anyone but himself for being so into work that he partially neglected his wife's health. Though I was sure mother knew she had never been a healthy person since she was young.

As I was reminiscing the past, there was a knock on the door. I quickly sat up straight, wondering if father had finally heard news I had woken up and came to see me.

"Come in," I said, feeling excited that I have a visitor.

"Sister..."

I heard Calista's voice as the door creaked opened. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't father but I was still glad that my visitor was a family member.

"Calista! Come on in!"

And as Calista finally stepped foot into the room, I gasped. Her hair was dishevelled, her steps were light and her glowy skin was dull. But what had shocked me the most was that she wasn't the same grown young woman I had know. She looked younger and...smaller.

"Calista? Is that you?"

I was beyond shocked as the little girl nodded her head. As fast as I could, I got out the bed. Since I had just woken up, my muscles wasn't working yet so I fell with a loud thud on the wooden floor. I heard Calista yelped but I paid her no attention as I crawled on the floor to get to the mirror.

Somehow the distance seemed to be so big and when I finally reached the mirror, I screamed.

I was back to when I was 15 again?!

-♧-

Author's note:

Dun dun dun! Back to when she was 15 again?! I mean I think you all had already expected it when you see the title right? What does that mean exactly? But of course there is a twist to this tale. Which I might start to explain in the next chapter. Like I've said in the previous chapter, I have already set the climax and the ending. So all I need to do now is to just, put it all together in words. And hopefully, I'll be able to finish the story! Ah, I can't wait. I hope the ending will satisfy you all! Because sometimes, ending can be a bit of a let down after everything. Well, see you in the next chapter~

-♧-