Part 06: Lunch

I groaned, waking up to my personal maid, Tina, who had opened the curtains that basked my room in darkness. She had stood by my bed, arms crossed.

I'm about to be lectured again.

"My Lady, is it going to afternoon and you are suppose to attend a ball later. Weren't you suppose to be awake by morning to prepare?"

Right, another ball.

I sat up on the bed and smiled at Tina. She was unnerved by my smile; I could almost see the veins on her forehead popping.

"My Lady."

Tina sighed. She knew I hated attending balls, all because of the princes attention on me and Calista.

Though I shouldn't complain much since everything was in my favour now: that I am happily alive at 20 and that Calista had all the princes' attention.

I couldn't stress enough how much I was still waiting for the engagement announcement between Prince Leonard and Calista.

"My Lady, please get out of bed so that the maids can dress you."

I snapped out of my daze and looked at my side. I nodded and began my day getting washed up and dressed.

Once I was done, I left the room to have lunch with my family. My stomach grumbled at the sight of the lavish food on the table once I had entered the dining room.

"How unladylike."

It irked me that I knew who said that, as I gazed up and saw Prince Harry and his brothers at one side of the dining table. Calista was besides father, who was at the head of the table.

I bowed as greetings towards the princes and my father, then proceed to sit beside Calista who flashed a wide smile.

"Good morning, sister."

She greeted me and I nodded back to her. The servants started to prepare the food in front of me. One by one plates were placed and I was soon caught up in a talk about the ball later on.

"Since the King of Lemmania and his daughter, Princess Katrina, were staying at the Palace, father had decided to hold a ball."

I nodded as I listened to the princes' chattering with father. Calista had been silent since after she had greeted me and I was quite worried.

"Something's wrong?"

Calista turned towards me and sighed. She clenched her utensils tightly, her hands were turning white.

"Princess Katrina doesn't have any friends her age here so we had send her an invite to Lady Maria's tea party that was held a few days ago but the ladies were very rude to her highness and she had broke down crying."

I was in shock. How dare the ladies do that to royalty and friends to Eveburke's King!

Prince Hayden had sighed. Both Calista and I turned to him with confused reaction.

"That was the reason the King of Lemmania was angry and wanted to leave. As an apology father had to prepare this ball for them."

I shook my head, wondering why the ladies were bullying Princess Katrina. She was royalty and those ladies are a lower status, they will be punished harshly if the Princess wish for it.

"Princess Katrina was properly taught manners and speech but she doesn't have many friends, even within her own country, hence she was stuttering so much during the tea party."