Part 07: Brother

Prince Harry: POV.

I do not know why my body automatically followed Ashley after she had left the gazebo. But since I was already following her, I might as well have a chat with her.

She walked down a beautiful path that I can assume only lead to her greenhouse. I have heard of the place from Calista but I have never seen it for myself. Everyone was shocked to find out that Ashley had a hobby since that girl was only known to study.

But she dropped those studies and began to pick up some skills and hobbies that one lady would never thought of doing.

As I was wondering about her, Ashley began to walk faster. It took me a while to realised and I had to run to catch up with her.

"Wait!"

I shouted and saw her stop. I slowed down and stopped shortly behind her, taking deep breathes in as my heart was thumping wildly in my chest.

"If you want me to listen to anymore of your nonsense, you better be on your way. I do not wish to entertain you."

She wasn't too friendly, seeing me and it was understandable. She didn't spare another glance behind as she continued walking.

I walked beside her, quietly.

Soon we had reached her greenhouse but before she opened the door, she was looking at me with a very stern face.

"Do you still intend to follow me inside?"

"Yes, I have something to talk about."

"Is it that important that you have to follow me?"

"Yes."

I simply answered her. She looked annoyed but I just felt like being with her at the moment. She sighed.

"Fine, come in but don't touch any of the plants."

I was excited by now. My brothers, who have never stepped foot into this place, will never understand the sentiments that Lady Ashley was willing the invite me to her haven.

She moved carefully past some plants into the back of the greenhouse where it was decorated with chairs and tables.

Her maid began to prepare some tea and snacks while I had taken a seat and was enjoying the view of the greenhouse.

You could see it was taken care of very carefully and precisely. All the plants were growing beautifully under the care of their beautiful owner too.

Beautiful owner?!

I snapped out of my thoughts.

When have she ever been anything but unladylike to me?

"It would be much appreciated if you could just tell me what you want to say and be on your way."

I turned to look at her, at the way she present herself and the way she was looking at me. I felt myself flush and looked away from her, playing with my fingers instead.

Just as I was about to open my mouth to reply to Lady Ashley, the maid came running into the room and address the arrival of Lord Louis, son of the Duke of Evelon.

I could see the twinkling in eyes as she called for her younger brother to come in. Her smile widen as she hugged him.

"Louis! I thought you won't be arriving till tomorrow?"

"I did but I rushed here since I couldn't wait to see my family!" Louis said and hugged his older sister who is a head shorter than him. He was smiling with his sister, ignoring my presence. Starting to get annoyed, I cough to get their attention.

"Oh, pardon me Your Highness, Prince Harry, I was too happy to see my beautiful sister that I failed to notice you."

He was smiling at me but I know deep down, he was annoyed that I was there and disturbing his sister.

Louis and I haven't really been on very good terms. Even though he was five years younger than me and I was the prince, he never really shows hospitality.

Though I cannot complain because my father and Duke David had been friends for a long time and are treated the same. We might even have a family connection that got lost somewhere.

So all I can do is just smile at the young lord and excuse myself from the greenhouse, back to the gazebo, where the rest were still enjoying their afternoon tea.

When I sat at my spot, grumpily, my brothers were looking intently and I know they wanted to ask what had happened.

But Calista was there and I don't really want to talk down about her one and only brother, so I just sat quietly and waited for someone to inform her that Lord Louis had just arrived.

"Lady Calista, Lady Ashley is asking for you as Lord Louis have just arrived," the head butler bowed politely and escorted Calista back to the winding path I had just came out from.

"Was that why you came back here?" Hayden asked me and I nodded.

"I'm still wondering why he dislike you so much," older brother Leonard wondered.

I could only shrugged, a sight unbecoming of a prince and yawned.

"Too bad your romantic getaway from us was cut short," Hayden snorted. I opened my eyes as wide as I can and reached for his collar.

"Shut. Your. Mouth."

There was an uncomfortable silence that made me get up on my feet, going back to my horse.

I am not trying to romance with Ashley. She is hardly a proper lady. She and I don't share the same mindset. We will never be together.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw the Rosling siblings emerge from the dense forestry.

"Prince Harry, leaving already?" Calista was the one who asked and she looked very worried. Ashley briefly looked at me but Louis must have said something to make her turn towards him and giggle. Calista heard it too but she sighed deeply and slapped her brother.

"Have a safe trip, Your Highness," Calista bowed, watching me carefully.

‐♧-

Author's note:
I'm sorry that it isn't as long as the other chapters.

I don't really have much to say so I hope that the next chapter would be good enough for everyone.

-♧-