Part 18: A Trip

Coincidently, Father had came to me and asked if I would like to take a trip to Lemmania. It came as a shock to me since Father was not a person to "just go on a trip".

His travels usually have purpose: such as being a convoy for Eveburke or simply to catch a few evildoers near the borders.

But hearing the word "trip" coming out from his mouth, I was excited. There is a first to everything and this is the first time I saw Father looking at me intently and I know he was wishing I will say yes.

I mean, going on this trip is a way for me to find out where the Old Tower is located. So obviously I said yes!

Upon hearing my reply, Father had quickly asked the maids to prepare for our trip. Louis and Calista, both were as shocked as me about this suddenly trip, came into my room with excitement.

"A trip? TRIP! Sister, are you hearing this! From Father?!"

Calista was out of breath by the time she had arrived at my bedroom door. Seeing her dishevelled was a sight so I burst out laughing at her. She took offence and lightly slapped my arm.

"I was in the middle of preparing for the day when Father came into the room, screaming about a family trip!"

In her defence, I was almost in the same position as her but luckily my maid was quick with her fingers and had made my hairdo within seconds before Father came into my room.

Louis, on the other hand, was covered in sweats, so I knew Father came to him when he was in training for the morning. I marvelled at the sight of my handsome brother.

He could have been the protagonist in a romance novel. Maybe even have his own harem.

I smiled at my own thoughts, knowing that all the romance books I had been reading with Calista was making its way into my everyday life.

"But a trip, sister. I do know it's a rare situation but I doubt it would be just a trip, right?"

My brother voiced his opinion, which all of us were wondering deep down. All we could do was shrugged and wait till Father says something.

-♧-

"It is just a trip."

Mouth agape, the three of us stared at Father who had casually answered our question while reading the newsletter.

It was comedic how Louis looked at Calista who looked at me and how I turned to look at Louis again.

No words were brought up as the carriage rode on in silence which Father apparently didn't realise. He was so immersed in the newsletter, once in a while we can hear him chuckling to himself.

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at him but I soon lost interest in watching his weird antics that I just spend most of my time looking out the window.

Lemmania was located at the North of Eveburke, which means we have to travel all the way across town, into the central district, filled with nobles and then out the North Entrance.

What hurts my brain will be the meet up between the North Duke of Narkota and my father, the East Duke of Evelon. They were sworn frenemy for the sole reason that they were popular in their younger days.

It's been forever but their rivalry remains. How childish.

But I couldn't say much: their firstborn and I were also not a match. Every time we saw each other, our inner ego just jumps out and start snapping at each other.