𝖝𝖎𝖛. the quidditch world cup fiasco

chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen.
( the quidditch world cup fiasco )

              ASCELLA FELT AS THOUGH SHE HAD JUST LAID HER HEAD DOWN TO SLEEP when Mrs Weasley was lightly shaking her awake, muttering quietly that it was time to wake up

              ASCELLA FELT AS THOUGH SHE HAD JUST LAID HER HEAD DOWN TO SLEEP when Mrs Weasley was lightly shaking her awake, muttering quietly that it was time to wake up. The latter groaned loudly, her limbs stiff from the lack of space she slept in, as sharing a room with Hermione and Ginny was rather cramped.

              She sluggishly grabbed her clothes and headed to the bathroom, her mind still laced with sleep as she brushed her teeth. When she headed downstairs to the kitchen, she found that everyone was sat there, appearing just as exhausted as she was.

              "Morning," she grumbled, slumping into a chair next to Harry. He slid over a mug of steaming coffee over to her, Ascella smiling in gratitude.

              "Thanks," she mumbled, sipping it tenderly.

              "Where're Bill and Karina and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" asked George, failing to stifle a yawn.

              "Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" said Mrs Weasley, heaving the large pot of over the table and beginning to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie in."

              "They're still in bed?" said Fred grumpily, spooning a generous amount of porridge. "Why can't we Apparate too?"

              "Because you're not of age and haven't passed your test yet," snapped Mrs Weasley. "And where have those girls got to?" She bustled out of the kitchen and they heard her begin to climb the stairs.

              "You have to pass a test to Apparate?" asked Harry curiously.

              "Oh, yes," replied Mr Weasley, tucking the World Cup tickets safely in his pocket. "The Department of Magical Transportation had to fine a couple the other day for Apparating without a license. It's not easy, Apparition, and when it's not done properly it can lead to nasty complications. The pair I'm talking about went and splinched themselves."