Chapter 4

~THIRD PERSON POV~

After the incident the vampires under the self proclaimed king of New Orleans, the vampires were very angry to hear that a nomad vampire hurt their princess so of course they took part in the torture after the vampire was left beaten bloody and starved. His body was then left outside tide in the open for all to see as a warning to never cross Marcel. No one felt sympathy for the vampire who burned and turned to dust. Meanwhile after the persuasion of her father, young Ophelia finally got a tattoo.

~Flashback~

"Dad I know you mean well and all but shouldn't I be the one sneaking out to get a tattoo instead of you begging me to get one?" said Ophelia as she looked at her dad questionably. " I mean the role of parenting where did it go?" she asked.

"Dove I care about you and I know it was my mistake for not protecting you enough so as a good father I will be taking preventative measures," started Marcel. "Every morning you will be learning self defense to not only protect yourself from humans but also how to stake a vampire. You will not only continue wearing your vervain dipped necklace but you will consume vervain regularly and get a tattoo injected with vervain."

"Why the necklace if I will drink and get a tattoo?" asked Ophelia.

"In case you are cornered by a vampire and not able to fight right away, the necklace will give the vampire a false sense of confidence so they can let their guard down giving you the opportunity for you to stake them," he replied.

After their conversation, Marcel took his daughter to a tattoo specialist and got her a tattoo. He thought she would get one of a dove but he was surprise when it was a phoenix.

"Why a Phoenix?" he asked.

"I was left for dead but was later revived and now with the self defense and everything I feel different from who I was before so this is kinda like my rebirth in a sense," she replied

(Her tattoo)

~End of Flashback~

It has been two weeks now since the accident and it took Ophelia a week to recover before deciding she wanted to go back to the studio to which Marcel reluctantly agreed. However, seeing as she doing well in the self defense training as she is a black belt in taekwondo she was able to have a good start.

Currently in her studio she was practicing her duet for the show with her partner Jackson. The theme was intimacy so the song picked was 'Senorita' by Shawn Mendez and Camila Cabello.

 The theme was intimacy so the song picked was 'Senorita' by Shawn Mendez and Camila Cabello