Chapter 9

~THIRD PERSON POV~

Hayley has been having second thoughts about carrying the child of the notorious hybrid Klaus Mikaelson. She felt that with the amount of blood shed he caused, it would put the innocent fetus in danger as his enemies would not only target her but the child as well.

However deep inside she felt she couldn't provide the happy home for the child as she knew she wasn't ready to be a mother especially when she didn't grow up with her biological one.

The pregnant hybrid continued to pace up and down her room contemplating if she should have an abortion without the originals knowing and as much as she knew at least Elijah and Rebekah cared for her, Klaus only cared about the child and that motivated her even more to take away the one thing he wants as punishment.

Meanwhile Ophelia was currently in her dance studio finishing up her choreography for the Mardi Gras that was happening in the night when Marcel entered the room.

"Little Dove why don't you take a break," he said surprising the girl.

"Hey dad I was about to finish, I have to meet Agnes before I go to the location of tonight's Mardi Gras," she replied as she walked up to her dad who handed her a towel to wipe the sweat off her face and a bottle of water .

"What does she want?" he asked now concerned as he found it odd that the witch who endangered his daughter was now trying to reach out to her.

"I don't know  what she wants all I know is that she asked if she could meet me I was assuming it's because of why I moved out of her house," said Ophelia.

Concerned Marcel pulled the curly haired girl into his arms and rest his chin on her head as he warned her to be careful of Agnes as she's a witch.

"Wait dad why didn't you tell me earlier that witches were real as well? I mean you told me about vampires," she said looking up at the male.

"I'm going to be honest with you little dove remember when you were younger and I told you we spent the summer in New York," he said to which the girl said yes confused.

"I'm not going to give you those painful memories back but you were kidnapped by the werewolves and witches because your my daughter. When Thierry and I found you I was heartbroken because your body was malnourished covered in bruises, dirt and filth. You didn't even allow me to come near you. I didn't want you to live with the memory of that as you would cry and scream out when you're alone or someone tried to approach you, so I waited for the vervain to be gone out of your system when I revealed to you that I was a vampire and I could take away those memories."

He brought his daughter down on the ground as he sat beside her before continuing. "You asked me to take away the memory of the pain and what they had done and so I did. I thought since you got kidnapped in my care I wouldn't be strong enough to take care of you so I placed you in the care of Agnes who is a powerful witch until I could ensure you were safe and when I did, I visited you and allowed to visit me as well but thought it's best you stayed with Agnes until you were older."

"But dad how are you able to ensure they don't do it again?" she asked filled with sadness.

"Davina is able to feel when a witch use their  magic and so with her help we found and killed the witches that broke my no magic rule. I never wanted to put you in harm's way and that's why only my trusted people know what you look like but I'm scared because the Mikaelson family are in town and I don't want you to be caught in the crossfire."

"Don't worry dad I'll be okay I'm stronger than I look," she said as she showed the vampire her muscles causing them both to laugh as the male kisses her forehead.