Chapter 23

~THIRD PERSON POV~

~EARLIER~

Inside of the womb of Ophelia laid two healthy babies. Baby A laid protectively in front of Baby B as when they suddenly felt their mother's panic.

"What's going on?" Baby B asked.

"That's not right we shouldn't be coming out yet something is wrong," said Baby A.

"What are we going to do will mom die?" Baby B asked now panicked.

"Not if I can help it. Look I know I'm supposed to come out first but I need to ensure that mom lives so your coming out first," said Baby A.

"But but,"

"No buts it's time for you to come out see you soon little sister," said Baby A.

Through tears and pain Baby A watched as his little sister went out of the womb through the birth canal and into the world.  Everything overwhelmed her as she started calling for Baby A but to others it sounded like a baby's cry. She then heard her mother's beautiful voice and suddenly she was placed in the arms of a beautiful curly haired brunette.

'My momma,' she thought as she took in the scent of her mother when she screamed out no as the woman slit her mother's throat and took her away. She cried out for her mother and for baby A when she noticed the unconscious male in the corner and realized it was her papa as she smelt his familiar smell.

Meanwhile inside the womb baby A realized something was wrong and that his mother's heart suddenly stopped which meant she died. He didn't hesitate as he used some of his blood to heal her and used the magic he siphoned from baby B to instantly wake her up.

'Well it's my time to get out of here' he thought and so he sent his location to Dwayne through their sire bond before going through the birth canal. He entered the world bloody and tried to reach towards his mother when Dwayne finally arrived.

"My sire," he said as he kneeled down before going to the baby and using his claw to cut the umbilical cord then vanishing with the child and his mother's body to a secured location.

Thirty minutes later Elijah arrived and noticed Klaus sitting on the alter crying.

"Where Ophelia?" He asked but this only made him cry harder when Marcel decided to show up.

"Niklaus get up," he said but the hybrid ignored him as he continued to cry.

"The Niklaus Mikaelson is here crying like a bitch instead of getting up and go get my grandchild and avenge my daughter," shouted Marcel.

Niklaus wanted to turn it off as once again he proved to be a failure as he couldn't even protect the woman he loves or his newborn daughter. He didn't even get to hold her as she was ripped out of her mother's arms after they slit her throat then snapped his neck.

He woke up and looked around when he realized that his daughter was taken and the love of his life's body was not here and that's when the tears started to fall.  He was on the verge of turning it off when Marcel reminded him that he needed to get his daughter back and avenge Ophelia.

He got up and wiped the blood into his shirt before revealing his angry face with his hybrid eyes showing.

"Where would they be ?" Elijah asked.

"I'm guessing the cemetery," Marcel replied.

The three left the church as Klaus called his hybrids and told them they were going to war. No witch was sparred as the hybrids and vampires killed any witch they could find as the Mikaelsons marched towards the cemetery where Klaus came face to face with the two witches about to start the sacrifice with his wailing daughter lying on the podium wrapped in her mother's dress.

"You hand over my daughter and the body of the mother of my child or die here with the rest of your coven," said Klaus.

Meanwhile in an unknown compound screams could be heard. The left hand broke as she fell to her knees when her left leg broke, then the other arm as she screamed out in pain and her eyes glowing purple before changing.

 The left hand broke as she fell to her knees when her left leg broke, then the other arm as she screamed out in pain and her eyes glowing purple before changing

In the cemetery the two witches Abigail and Monique continued to chant the spell at the crying newborn while holding the dagger. The originals tried to sped to them but was pushed back by the magic.

Elijah saw that Genevieve was going to stab his niece so he threw a vase that shatter upon impact causing the witch to drop the dagger. Seeing the opportunity Marcel and Klaus tried to approach the alter once again but was stopped again as the power of the ancestors was channelled through Abigail and Monique creating a force field that sent the vampire flying into tomb stones.

"You fools to come against us in our place of power, in our strongest hour, you don't face three, you face us all," said Monique as she held Abigail's hand as she continued to chant.

The spirit of the witches continued to fight against the vampires when all of a sudden a large white wolf with purple markings on its body appeared and ripped Monique's head off. Using the moment of distraction Klaus threw a pole at Abigail as it went through her stomach pinning her to the wall.

Seeing that the witches are dead Genevieve who was hiding hurriedly grabbed the dagger ready to kill the child when the wolf howled and attacked her ripping her to shreds

Marcel, Elijah and Klaus were about to go grab the baby when the wolf whose snout was now covered in blood snarled at them as it approached the child. Klaus tried to scare it by showing his hybrid face but the wolf didn't back down she snarled at him as her purple eyes glowed. She carefully picked up the cloth which held the child and ran off.

The hybrid stood their in disbelief as his daughter was taken away once again and he couldn't do anything again while Marcel and Elijah thought, 'What the fuck!'