Chapter 1: Every minute matters

Hyunjin was practicing alone. It was almost midnight.
Since he was a kid, he loved dance. It was his way of expressing his feelings and thoughts.

His heart suddenly started jumping.
It didn't last too long, but surely it was long enough for Hyunjin to understand.

It felt as if his heart stopped, and even if it was for only 10 seconds, it felt like an eternity for it to start beating normally again and for his vision to clear.

He was not gonna lie, even after almost a decade since the first episode he had at the age of 12, it was still scary as hell.
This was his clue to stop the music and slowly head back home.

He knew he shouldn't have overdone it. Usually, he wouldn't practice this far as to get an episode.
To be honest, the last few weeks he hadn't noticed any. Maybe it was time for him to pay a visit his cardiologist.

Not many people knew about this, only his family which was his 3 siblings and his childhood friend along with some staff from the entertainment and his boss.
He wasn't exactly hiding it, and no he wasn't embarrassed.  He just felt self conscious. He didn't want others to treat him differently, or his members to pity him.

So not talking about is wasn't a big deal. He could deal with it on his own just fine, either way his heart may be in danger but he never needed madical help or a ride to the hospital as he likes to call it except once.

Soon arriving at the dorms he was expecting to find a quiet atmosphere, people sleeping, eating or even working but he certainly wasn't ready for an immense argument about a chocolate cake between Changbin, Jeongin, Seungmin and Minho.

"Come one Minho, I was the first to touch the plate, it is mine."

"Guys why don't you just share it?"

"Shut up Felix!"

"Ooah, come on Jeongin that is not a way to talk."

"I don't care, this is mine!"

"No it's mine!"

"What the hell is going on?!"

"Hey Hyunjin, they are arguing about a piece of cake like fucking 3 year olds."

"Just share it!"

"Shut up Hyunjin!"

"Okay, okay, chill out. I'm going to shower."

"Like we care! Now give me the cake!"

Slowly Hyunjin started going up the stairs when he felt another episode coming. Fast beatings and the pause. He started feeling dizzy, more than the last time, an hour or so ago. He was waiting for his heart to beat again but it never seemed to happen. Panic filled his lungs that he now couldn't use. Seconds passed and became 2 or 3 minutes, when suddenly his heart began again.
The dizziness became almost unbearable and his legs almost gave up, but now he was relieved, his heart was once again working. He got himself sitting at the floor after crawling his way down the stairs and let himself lie down.

"No! I need it more!"

"Seungmin you can live without it!"

"Um guys..."

"Shut up Jisung!"

"GUYS STOP! Hey Hyunjin? Are you okay what happened?"

His eyes were still open but he couldn’t really comprehend what was happening. He could only watch 7 blurry faces upon his head and whisper out a muffled I'm just dizzy.

"Did you eat anything?"

"Do you want my cake?"

"It is min-"

"No thank you I'm okay now really. The dizziness is noonger there."

"Still Hyunie you must eat, anything. Come on let me help you up."

"Thank you Chan hyung but I'm fine honestly."

"I'm not taking no as an answer."

And so he ate the cake at the end, the dizziness faded long ago. And then it hit him. For him every minute matters, for him death was only seconds or minutes apart.