Chapter 7: The same blood

And now Hyunjin in the middle of a Thursday night found himself walking towards a place he always wished to visit, yet never had the chance. Arriving the door was already open, just how the phone was immediately answered when he called.

"Hello Hyunjin. I missed you. Really. How are you? Did anything happen? Do you need help? I'm so sorry for not contacting you i thought-"

Hyunjin couldn't take any more. The genuine questions that ringed in his ears made him breakdown. It was the second time in a week and he made a mental note not to let it happen again.

"I'm so sorry Kibum hyung-"

Hyunjins legs moved on their own and his hands locked around Kibum's body letting himself fall. Kibum sat with him on the cold floor letting his brother cry.

If Key was honest, he missed his brother like a madman. As a kid he always made sure to take care of him and after that day he hadn't seen him or interacted with him the way two siblings should.

"Hyung, I'm sorry. For the mess now, for the mess back then, for being angry. You didn't deserve this. I'm so sorry. "

"Oh no.... don't cry again. It's okay. I love you Jinnie. I get it, you were angry that Ieft you without saying goodbye, you were just 11 years old back then and later that our parents... I get it. Don't apologize please, I can't see you cry anymore. Now... tell me. You needed to discuss about a serious matter."

"Um yeah... about that-"

And Hyunjin told his brother everything. Kibum was devastated. His brother has been at risk since a teen and he had no idea. He was angry at himself, he should be more smart and behave like an older brother, he should have approached Hyunjin. But nothing can be changed. Now Hyunjin had a choice to make. Kibum felt honored to be the only person Hyunjin trusted like that but also he felt a heavy weight fall on his shoulders.

They read the doctor's files, they even searched on their own. For hours till noon when a phone call made them realize how late it had really gotten. Hyunjin cursed under his breath and answered his phone. Chan's angry voice made his body shake.
Kibum quickly grabbed the phone and spoke with the furious leader.

"Hello Chan."

"Who are you? Give me Hyunjin back to the phone right now!"

"Please, calm down."

"He is gone and we have a whole schedule."

"He has a day off. I talked with you boss myself. "

"And who are you?!"

"I'm Kibum. "

"Wait-"

"Yes that Kibum. I am Hyunjin's brother. He came by last night because I needed him for something personal between us. He is going to get back on the dorms before dinner. I'll make sure."

"But he doesn't have a-"

" Have a nice day!"

Hyunjin finally spoke up.

"I'm dead. And wait a minute when did you inform my boss?"

"Actually, I am right now."

"Now I'm for real dead."

Kibum sent a quick message and in a few minutes he had an expecting answer.

"No, it's done, he said okay, he just wants you healthy. Now, back to our issue-"

"I know hyung. I'm taking the risk."

"Are you sure? We could search up more, we could go to another doctor. "

"No. I'm doing this. If it goes out of hand, then..."

"You know better. I'm here for you. You can call me anytime and come here or at the entertainment. I just hope everything goes well. I love you. "

"Thank you hyung. I love you too."

"Let's go... I'll drop you off and then I'll text you later."

"Yeah let's go. This is the address of his office."

A surprised question was the first thing exclaimed. But the doctor knew, he couldn't change Hyunjin's stubborn mind.

It was his choice anyway.

"Are you sure about it?"

"Yeah. Let's try the medication."

Author's note:

A little bit of suspense at the end. Also, yes Kibum is Hyunjin's brother. Just go with the flow (it's a fanfiction anyway) and stan shinee.

Thank you.

Have a nice day;)