Chapter 8: Empty stomach

Jeongin's pov

We had just gotten back from practice. Seungmin, Felix and Changbin were cooking for dinner while Jisung showered and Minho was figuring some lyrics with Chan.

I was scrolling through my favourite songs when the door was heard and
Hyunjin's figure was seen.

He seemed less energetic than usual. I noticed a bag from a pharmacy on his left hand. I then decided to speak up as he didn't seem to take in my appearance.

"Hi hyung. How are you? You had an unexpected day off. Is everything alright?"

"Oh hey Jeongin. I didn't notice you there. Yeah I'm okay, I spent some time with my brother due to some family issues, nothing to worry about."

"You brother? I thought you only had an older sister and she lived in Canada. "

"Um yeah I have an older brother too. I'm going to change and I'll be back for dinner. "

"Okay. Oh? What's in the bag, are you sick?"

"No, I bought some painkillers to have in my bag that's all."

"Do you want me to put them in there while you change?"

"No! Um, no. It's okay, I'll do it later."

He seems weirder than usually.

No one's pov

Hyunjin let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He quickly hid his medicines on his wardrobe under his everyday clothes. He then grabbed a pair of pj's and changed into them. His doctor advised him to relax today, eat his dinner and then take the pills. He was supposed to take them 3 times per day at the beginning. One after each meal or at least snack. Being happy with the idea of getting rested Hyunjin made his way to the kitchen.

Everyone was already sitting waiting for him. There was an awkward silence and he felt guilty about it. He knew it was all his fault so he had to explain himself before things got more messed up.

"Guys I'm sorry for today my brother-"

"Yeah it's okay Hyunjin we get it. Family issues."

"Changbin is right. It must have been so important that you even forgot to mention that you have a brother."

"I'm sorry we just didn't contact for a few-"

"No it's okay. It is your family anyway and your personal life. We are just colleagues as it seems" Felix added

"No, guys you are a part of my family too-"

"If we were Hyunjin you could at least contact us when you left since, I don't know what time, in the middle of the night. Or at least you could've picked up your phone."

"Chan hyung I'm really sorry-"

"No. No. Just not now. Do you even know how worried I was when at four in the morning I found your bed empty? I was doing my check ups and then you were nowhere to be found! I was scared to death Hyunjin! You could sent a message or something. What you did was wrong. "

"I know hyung, that's the reason why I'm asking for forgiveness. But my fault doesn't make you less important people to me, you are still my family guys. I really love you."

"Ok."
Minho let out with his angry voice.

"I really don't get the point of this argument. I should probably go upstairs."

"No hyung stay! Seungmin cooked your favourite food."

"It's okay Jeongin. We should spend some time apart. I'm really sorry again everyone."

Hyunjin let out in a small voice. He filled a cap of water and went into his room.

He took his prescribed medication and fell asleep in his bed. He shouldn't have stayed up all night.

Around 10 pm, he woke up from his restless sleep. He was uncontrollably sweating and felt his legs shaking. He was scared. His doctor had informed him about the symptoms but he surely wasn't expecting them so soon. Maybe if he ate something before like his doctor had told him it wouldn't have escalated like this.
Deciding to try and get something to fill his stomach to ease his discomfort he made unsteady steps trying to reach the kitchen.

It took all his energy to get there. He opened the first cabinet on sight and took out some crackers. He shoved three at once in his mouth. Soon feeling significantly better, he drank some water and tried to get up.
Suddenly his legs became numb and let him fall to the ground with a loud thud.
Not long after a worried Seungmin was facing the fallen boy.

"Hyunjin, what happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm alright I just lost my balance that's all."

"Did you hurt anywhere?"

"No, no. I'm okay, it's fine. I'll get up, you can go."

"Are you sure you just lost your balance?"

"Y-yeah. Nothing significant. I'll get up in a minute. "

"Let me help you."

"It's not necessary."

"Come on get on my back, I'll take you to your room."

"O-okay. Thank you."

"You're welcome hyung. I'm sorry for the dinner. They were extremely rude without a real reason. I should have stepped in."

"No it's okay really. It's not your fault. I should have informed Chan that I left and- I love you guys so so much. Everything i do is for you and our team. I don't want to let you down, you are my family."

"You won't hyung! You are doing a great job. Don't worry. And we love you too. We all do, even when we argue. Good night hyung."

"Night Seungmin. Don't close the door they may wake up."

"Don't worry."