Chapter 13: Losing feelings

"Mr Hwang, doesn't seem to have suffered any major brain damage from the lack of oxygen and blood in his brain while he was... dead. He can't really talk right now, his speech will need for sure support. He will also need to learn to move and walk all over again but he will gain back his strength and the major damage comes from the lack of use of his muscles, while on coma. We still need to do some exams, but the only thing that seems to be affected by his brain is his speech, nothing too severe, maybe some of his movements too but we can't really tell yet."

"So... to sum it up, he'll be okay?"

"Yes, he will be in a pretty good condition. You can even go and see him-"

"Thank you doctor so much!" Kibum fell to his knees crying, and now it was Chan's turn to support him.

"Mr Kibum, if I'm not wrong, I think that you should really just thank your friends and their ability to scream."

"See?! I told yah it'll come in handy some day!"

"Oh Felix shut up!"

"Sorry Minho hyung."

"Tch... anyway. Chan? I think you should go in there first."

"No. No I can't go in there, how will I keep eye contact with him when two hours ago I was ready to... kill him, to let him go?"

"Hey Chan, don't blame yourself. The decision was made by the agreement of most of us and... we did what the doctors advised it would be the best for him. Now let's all go in there, he must be waiting for us."

Hyunjin's eyesight was still blurry when he heard the door of his room. He couldn't move his head or any part of his body and his voice was raspy for all of these. He felt Chan beside him and felt tears rolling down his face.

"Hey... shhh baby don't cry, it's okay, I'm here. I love you baby. You scared us so much, but now you're here, everything is going to be fine. It's okay Jinnie. "

Hyunjin tried to control his speech already informed that he would most likely lose control of it for a while. But he was determined to say what he needed to.

"I- I... am sthorryd C-Chab, Chan-nie. Felic,  Bin, tjdank hdj, you. K-insn, Kibhm too."

"Shhh it's okay don't tire out your voice. You did a good job baby, well done love!"

"Lobr-love youh, Chan."

"I love you too, honey. You should sleep, closen your eyes, I'll be right there when you wake up."

And so Hyunnin closed his eyes and he woke up again and the physiologist came to teach him how to talk and he slept again and Chan was beside him. Everything went on smoothly for a while, not really caring about anything Hyunjin just focused on speaking.

Two weeks later and four days before his discharge his ability to talk was much better, he only lacked speed but he would win that too as time passed by.
He even made progress with his body strength. Of course, he couldn't walk yet or control his movements yet.

Once again he woke up in that same hospital bed. His physician told him to strech on his own every morning a little bit as it would help him regain control of his muscles. He could hold some things with his hands and put some pressure too, so it was no big surprise to lift his bed up to a sitting position by a small button on the side. He felt a little weird from the time he woke up, at first he was scared he would have to face another arrhythmia but his fear grew when he noticed that he couldn't feel his legs.

A bloody scream left from his mouth scratching his healed neck. Jeongin came rushing in as he was on the hallway deciding what to ask Chan to bring him to eat. He saw Hyunjin's panicked eyes and heard his hectic breaths he immediately hugged him and called for a doctor as he didn't seem to calm down, the only think he did was scratch his skin with the little strength hebha gained and whisper 'I can't feel my legs' over and over again.

Soon getting stinged by a syringe full of drugs that put him into a deep sleep.

Author's note:

When you are in a coma, or you don't use your muscles for some time you lose your strength and the ability to walk, the things get even worse if your brain has any damage because then the issue could be more than just lack of strength and use of your muscles.

I also want to inform you that I'm not going to update for some time. I'm back in my home country with my partner for a few days (today my quarantine ends) and I want to see my friends and family and I have to visit some doctors there so I don't think i'll be updating for 2 weeks or maybe more.

I hope you have amazing holidays (this days that are left) and happy new year, I hope you have an awesome new years eve! Please stay healthy and wear your masks♡

See you in 2022♡

*I'm sorry I was sure I typed 2022- I'M NOT A TIME TRAVEL-
BYE:)