Chapter 5: Threatened by the air

All Hyunjin was listening last week were his doctor's angry voice and his member's beggings for him to eat. Especially from 3 specific ones.

He gets it. His eating habits changed throughout dealing with his condition but he was still eating, being spied on and always watched made him lose his mind.
He loved them. All of them, especially his crush but... the pressure he felt was slowly sending him off the edge.
His doctor trying to at least prescribe him a medication with side effects not so likable, also him trying to persuade him to redo a cMRI and later on a surgery if the MRI still shows nothing.
His crush was giving him all the attention he prayed for, but for the wrong reason and the others too trying to make him eat till being sick. He wasn't sure how much more he could handle.

"Hey Hyunjinie... how are you?"

Chan... Hyunjin's cheeks flushed...

"Hey... I'm good. How are you?"

"Fine... did you eat anything?"

"I drank my tea and ate an apple-"

"Do you want anything else? Pancakes? Crepes?"

"Um no... I'll pass."

"But you should eat more. Come Hyunnie we've talked so many times about it."

"If I'm not able to eat i won't?"

"You are just perfect this way... you don't need to change!"

"Thank you! But I honestly don't have any appetite-"

"Why? Please... you are eating almost nothing... why are you doin-"

"I'm not doing anything!"

"Yes you do, you are fading away because you starve yourself!"

"I do this because I really can't eat. If I eat more I will throw up!"

"Why?"

"Because that's what I feel and what is going to happen!"

"Yes but why!?"

"Because!"

Hyunjin felt his body getting dragged around the dorm all the way down to the kitchen. There he saw a meal that surely if it was his choice he would never pick. In front of him stood Jisung, Minho and a furious Chan. He knew that was his sign to eat, but Hyunjin was not going to. Not so easy anyway.

"Um. No."

"Hyunjin eat. Right now."

"Yes Jinnie please, we all beg you. You are just perfect you don't need to lose weight. "

"Hyunjin, as Chan and Jisung told you, you must eat. This is not going to end well. We have to confess that we heard your call with your therapist four nights before, we understand your concern to keep it secret but we are okay with it. We just need you to be healthy and eat."

"What call?"

"Come on Hyunjin, we are not idiots!"

"Chan! Don't snap!"

"I'm sorry. We overheard you talking on the phone at the bathroom."

And it clicked. First they overhead him and then they assumed he called a therapist. Their imagination sure was wild.

"Just so you know I don't even have a therapist."

"Was it a doctor? It's okay if it was maybe even better-"

Hyunjin had the need to laugh but it wasn't the right time for this.

"Um, no it wasn't a doctor..."

Well not that kind anyway.

"Wait... so are you getting threatened?"

Not exactly, well if being pushed to take a specific medication is considered a threat...

"No I'm not getting threatened. "

"Oh... then what?"

What? Shit. I should have told them it was a therapist. Think Hyunjin.... oh-

"It was our boss-"

"See guys I told you! He got fired!"

"What Jisung no-"

"See Jisung? I told you to use your brain from time to time!"

"Shut up Minho!"

"You should shut up!"

Hyunjin thought it was a nice time for him to leave the room. His door though didn't actually agree with his plan on leaving quietly, as a loud sound was heard right when he was ready to run for dear life.

"And were are YOU actually going?"

"Um, nowhere...?"

"Yeah sure."

"I'm telling the truth Channie-"

"No. Don't start with the cute nicknames!"

"I'm sorry."

"What did you talk about-"

"For a hiatus."

Three panicked whats were heard.

"Why? Did anything happened?"

"No... just to rest. I- yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Do you want to go and ask him!?"

"No... I'm sorry Jinnie. I believe you."

Jisung's voice was heard soon after the awkward silence.

"You still need to eat."

"Ugh! Guys, food doesn't define my life. You are pressuring me so much these days! I just don't have an appetite! You don't need to force feed me!"

"Wait-"

"No! I'm done with this!"

Hyunjin forcefully sat up but his legs gave up on him when he noticed his heart getting quick and stopping once again.
Before he could hit the ground Chan caught him pulling him close. And then seconds later Hyunjin's heart was normal again.

"Let go..."

"No I'm sorry, we hadn't noticed how chaotic we were. Please relax. You almost collapsed. We have a day off either way, the others are at the mall already. I can carry you to the couch and eat, if you feel like it, some snacks or healthy food as you like. Watch some movies or play board games."

"I'm sorry too Chan... I'm sorry for everything..."

"What do you think?"

"Okay... "

"Thank you"