06.

── · .゚☆: 1521 :☆゚. · ──

AS THE group started walking to the temple, where we agreed to meet back at, Druig grabbed my wrist, asking me to talk.

"Love?" I asked him arching a brow as I turned towards him. My face fell at his expression, he has to leave... leave me.

"I have to save these people and I know you aren't ready to leave the team yet." He responded, realizing I had found out.

I sighed looking up at his defined features. "Alright, but I don't know if I can forgive you in the future, for leaving me like this."

"I know." Druig chuckled, leaning in for a kiss. Our last kiss, for a long, long time.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

I stood there leaning my back against Druig's chest with his arms wrapped around me. All of a sudden, Thena shook awake, sitting up.

"W-what happened?" She asked, looking around.

"You attacked us, wounded Sersi, Phastos, me and Gilgamesh. You have Mahd wy'ry. We have the technology to erase your memories, which could potentially cure you." Ajak admitted, explaining, but partly sounding like she was blaming Thena.

"P-please. I-I want to remember."

"Thena, I love you, but your mind is fracturing under the weight of your memories." Ajak sighed holding Thena's hands.

Druig slipped away from me, walking towards them. "Why should she? You're erasing who she is."

"Druig, I know you're upset but-" Ajak started glaring at him a bit.

"Upset!?" He yelled, making me flinch and the tear in my eye, fall down my cheek.

"You have led us for 7000 years. Look where that's gotten us. Look where it's gotten them! All this suffering and I could stop it in a heart beat." He said, looking out at the village, before turning his eyes gold and making them drop their weapons. 

"Stop. Let them go." Ikaris demanded, pushing him into a wall.

"You're gonna have to kill me then."

"Enough. Ikaris let him go." I yelled at the boys.

Druig nodded at me, mouthing 'I love you' quietly, before taking his leave with the people.

"You're just letting him leave! I thought you loved him!" Sprite yelled at me.

"I do. That's why I'm letting him go." I glared at the redhead, tears dripping down my face. 

"I'll watch over her." Gilgamesh stepped in, referring to Thena, and she sent him a sincere smile.

"All right. Go live your lives, normally. Our mission is done." Ajak demanded, looking around at us.

"Shouldn't you ask Arishem?" Ikaris asked disagreeing with her, for once.

"Know your place, Ikaris." And with that we all split apart, Thena with Gil in Australia, Makkari on the Domo, Phastos to Chicago, Ajak in the Suburbs with Sprite, Sersi in London, Ikaris no one knew, and me to Canada.

── · .゚☆: TODAY, AMAZON :☆゚. · ──

We stepped out of our two cars, which Kingo got from god know where. I stopped at the gate, place a hand against it, and vanished it. 

We walk into the forest hearing a series of clangs and bangs, finding a couple of humans building structures.

"Where is Druig?" Sprite asked tapping the shoulder of a human. 

"How do you know him?" He asked, straight-faced.

"We are... err... friends from college." She responded remembering our excuse we always used in the past. We kinda used this 'college friends' excuse a lot.

"Sprite." The human grinned, eyes now gold.

We all turned our head towards the church doors, which have just opened to reveal Druig. He walked forward as dramatically as possible. We all crowded in front of him to hear what he had to say.

"Good to see you. Please, make your selves at home." He stated nicely, seeing me making his expression fall a little.