07.

── · .゚☆: TODAY, AMAZON :☆゚. · ──

I sat there on a bench spinning my rings on the wood. "You've brought me a lot of bad news in one go m'lady..." Druig sighed, talking to Sersi. 

"We thought you could maybe put the celestial to sleep." She commented, bitting her nails, nervously.

"Clearly, you don't understand how my powers wor-" Druig stopped once Sersi's phone started ringing loudly throughout the building.

"Hey! What's your service? I'm not getting any bars!" Kingo interrupted, grabbing his phone and waving it around.

"Ah... Kingo, the movie star." Druig scoffed, in front of the actor.

"I've directed something's too." Kingo said defending himself.

"Oh, yeah? How many views?"

"I don't do it for the views."

"Let's go, he's wasting our time." Ikaris demanded pushing himself off the wall.

"Ikaris! Oh, it must be heartbreaking to realize you're not mother's favourite." This comment made Ikaris's eyes heat up.

"Oh, what you gonna do? Charm me? Hit me?" Druig chuckled, watching Ikaris's eye turn back to blue. "That's what I thought. I'll be outside, feel free to leave when you're ready."

As soon as Druig walked out of the church, everyone turned to me. I lifted my head and saw their eyes trained on my figure.

"What?" I asked before sighing once I got the message. 

"You're the only one who can persuade him, Rory." Sersi reminded me. I took a deep breath and stood up, walking out of the church. I trotted over to Druig, hugging him from behind.

"My beautiful, beautiful Rory." He praised, turning around to face me.

"We need your help Druig, this is a big problem." I admitted, rubbing my face into his shoulder.

"Only if you forgive me for leaving you, then I'll help." He sighed twirling my hair with his fingers.

"Deal." I kissed his cheek smirking.

We both leaned in, lips moulding together as they did a thousand years ago. 

"HEY! A little help!" Sprite yelled as a deviant was chasing her.

"What happened to the gate?" Druig mumbled to me.

"How the hell do you think we got here?" I scoffed, as if it was super obvious, which it was. I conjured a sword for me and a shot gun for Druig, handed it to him and got to work. 

I jumped on one's back and stabbed in threw its head, making it fall, once it was down I chopped its head off clean to be safe. I created a concrete wall in front of another for Kingo, so he could kill the creature.

He slid under its head, charged up the biggest blast, and fired it straight at its brain. "Karun! Did you get that!?" 

I chuckled seeing Druig, with a sleeveless shirt, jumping over the deviant to grab his gun and shooting it multiple times. For a 7000-year-old male he's pretty good. 

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

We all regrouped near Sersi, she was standing in front of a tree or a deviant? I don't know.

"Where's Gil and Thena?" I thought out loud. Suddenly we heard a female crying loudly in the forest. My heart dropped, Thena. We all looked at each other before running off to find them. 

"Guys! Over here!" Sprite yelled from my right. I ran towards her and stopped in my tracks. Thena was crying over Gilgamesh's body.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

Thena walked forward carrying Gilgamesh's ashes in an urn. She slowly dumped him into the water.

The rest of us stood far from her, grieving in our own manners. I was in Druig's lap, his legs were criss-crossed while I sat there hugging his neck sobbing. 

"I would never forgive myself if that was you..." He whispered in my ear, once I had calmed down. 

I kissed him on the lips softly, "As would I..."