snow & the red apple

"With a dark smirk, and all bad intentions the evil witch gave her the beautiful red apple, but only the witch knew that something this beautiful could cause something so bad, it would be the end. She carefully placed it in her hands before she spoke, saying 'Snow White this apple will conceive you your biggest wish, you will be happy and nothing bad will ever happened to you again." My mom said dramatically changing her voice as she read me my favorite book of all times, I had literally begged her for hours until she finally succumbed to my wishes and decided to read it to me again.

"Did she accept it momma? What did Snow White do?" I asked as my little hands clung into her grey knitted sweater, although I knew the story by heart due to this being the only book I would allow my parents to read to me at bedtime I was an expect at this story yet that didn't mean I would get less excited when the best parts came, this being Snow White being fooled by the evil queen and of course when the prince came and saved Snow with a true love kiss.

My mom gave a sigh as I impatiently waited for her answer, it was around early noon and I already had my mother reading my story and my mom knew that after dinner we would head off for round two of this story, yet she knew that I would wait for the well-known answer of Snow White.

"Honey, what if we wait until after supper, okay? I can finish reading the story to you by then." My mom said as she looked down at me her intense dark blue eyes meeting mine making me pout, how could she tell me to wait? This was the best part of the book!

"But momma I want to know the end, what did Snow say?" I protested as I looked at her with big doe eyes, honestly at this point I wanted more, I knew the book by heart, word by word yet I could never get enough of it.

"I still have to do supper today, you father cooked yesterday so it's my turn today. Now why don't you go outside and search for your brother? Go play with him and make sure he stays out of trouble." My mom said as she sat me down and help me fixed my dress which was mostly all wrinkled now.

"Fine, but, pinky promise that you'll read the end tonight." I said as my mother nodded and kissed my cheek before I headed outside of the pack house in search for my trouble-making older brother.

I currently lived in a nice modern house up the forest along with my brother, dad, mum and the rest of the pack members that had their own houses near the forest but spent lots of time in our house since my daddy was the Alpha, the house had a nice front porch where most of the time I spend it there rehearsing the dance I would learn from my mom, she used to be a pretty ballerina like those princesses from the fairytales, she used to dance in Spain before one day my dad visit their pack and found out that she was his mate, then daddy married mum and they moved back to my grandparent's old house, since my dad's family had died in an accident my dad and mom had decided to have a family, thus my brother Andrew was born and six years later I was born.

"Drew, where are you?" I asked yelling at the top of my lungs, the small field was empty and as I started to walk towards the outline of the trees in the area we could play I looked around confused, where would Drew go?

I knew he wouldn't go inside the forest by himself, if was dangerous and we weren't allowed to.

"What?" I heard my brother say calmly next to me making me yelp and jump scared, ever since he was little my brother had always managed to be very quiet no matter what he was doing, he would be like a silent killer as my dad would call him, he could be ever so quiet, and you never knew when he would strike and scare you.

"You scared me!" I said as I looked at him narrowing my eyes, my brother unlike me had out father's grey eyes and my mum's brown hair whereas I had dark raven hair and my mom's intense blue eyes.