Chap 3

Spencer POV

I drove home with full speed, breaking all the driving laws as I drove through a red traffic light and probably left an accident behind me.

Abigail held on to the car with her life as I sped through the town.

We lived on a small farm just outside of the main town and t was like 5 min. away from the school.

But I got there in 2 which was an understatement seeing as I was driving faster then...well technically int his town you can't compare speed driving to anything.

I drove on the sand path and saw a undercover cop car standing on the side of the road near the barn where I park my truck.

"What is this" I questioned Abigail as she stepped out the car after me.

"I don't know" she answered. We both walked over to the main entrance and I hesitated to opens the front door until I heard her voice.

"Mom"

I opened the door with force and ran inside to find my mom sitting at the kitchen island talking to a man I have never seen before.

"Your alive" my mom turned around smiling at me confusingly and the guy started laughing slightly.

"I'm guessing the car outside the house made you think otherwise, didn't you boy" the man said.

He had a southern accent and I knew he wasn't from here, not even close.

"Sorry Pat, this is my son Spencer that I've mentioned before" she stood up from her stool and walked towards me giving me a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"Sweetie why are you so pale you look like you've seen a ghost" my mind was running in circles as I regained my posture and looked up at my mom.

"I'm fine" I said shortly. She nodded at me and smiled sweetly at me before going back to that man that's leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

"Oh Spencer this is officer Pat from south of Texas, he is investigating the murders that have recently happened"

The guys smile told me that something was off about him, why would a guy from Texas drive here just to investigate two murders.

We have people here and close bye that can do it, the FBI in New York City for example. Not that we need them...but a guy like this, not good.

"Why would you be so far away from home?" I found myself asking.

"Well young man, small towns like Crater river always seem to have the most exiting stories.

Texas doesn't have anything to investigate, so I came here..." he took out a cigar and he was so close to light it up when my mom took it out of his mouth and threw it in the trash can.

"Please no smoking in the house" she told him kindly. With all of this going on I forgot about Abby who still owes me an explanation.

"As much as I want to stay and chat chat, I can't..." I strode out the kitchen and found nothing in the hallway or the porch.

"Huh she must of have left" I said allowed. Ha serves her right, if she would of been here she'd be so dead right now.

Figuratively speaking of course.

----------
"Why do I get the feeling it wasn't just that" Hugh had interrupted me twice now.

God cant I just tell a story without interruption.

"Spencer...what did you do to Abigail" I scratched the back of my neck and looked up at her.

"I did what I had too, to survive" I said. I made sure we didn't have any eye contact and looked at everything, everywhere around the room.

"Please tell me you didn't kill a 15 year old girl" my head snapped up at him and anger overflowed me.

"I made a lot of mistakes this past year, but Abigail's murder wasn't my doing"

Hugh nodded understandingly, he stayed calm through out it all, while I raged or broke down crying.

"Can I continue now please" I asked. Again he nodded and motioned me to continue.

---------
Still with Spencer...

The next day at school I avoided Abigail. She lied to me, played with my emotions and here I thought she was my best friend.

I knew I could avoid her, but a certain musical bad boy who was 17 I couldn't avoid.

"Darrel...oh sorry...here let me help"

Great just what I need in the morning, numbing into him and dropping mine as well as his books.

After we got all our stuff from the floor Darrel made eye contact with me and I swore a smile appeared on his face.

"You remembered my name"

I couldn't help but smile as his eyes lit up, just like when he is playing his guitar or singing.

I may or may not stalk him a little, okay a lot, but if you had been in my positing you'ed do the same.

"I always knew your name" it slipped out without me thinking, I somehow regretted it but his reaction made me stay calm.

"Oh really now, so saying there are to many people and names to remember was just an excuse" he stated. A smirk formed on his lips as he leaned against the locker while folding his arms over his chest.

"Well no..." it came out more like I wasn't sure, but what I said wasn't a lie.

"Yeah sure whatever makes you sleep at night Spencer..." he walked off by not before saying "...oh and happy 16th birthday"

Then he disappeared around the corner while another wave of déjà vu hit me as I was again alone in the hallway.
---------------------

Hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

Now who is Officer Pat...

And why does he leave a bad taste in the mouth of Spencer Keegan find out tomorrow on a new episode of

I'd give my life