Chap 10

Darrel POV

"Spencer's moms funeral was today and you get the nerve to show up"

I turned around thinking the Serpent Shadow was there to face an unknown masked man.

God, can't I get rid of these people.

"Who are you suppose to be" I asked harshly. The man took of his hood and I came face to face with...with my brother?

"Rick..."

-------

"Wait are you telling me that Rick is your brother and not the Shadows"

I nodded and sat on the couch as Spencer took in what I just told him.

He didn't know everything, not yet.

"Wait then who is the Serpent shadows twin" he asked, I shook my head as my question still remained.

"Who is the serpent shadow anyways"

The room fell silent and then there was a sudden yell in the kitchen and Spence and I looked at each other before running towards the kitchen.
-----------------
Spencer's POV

"What's going on here"

We entered the kitchen and we saw the horror. Kitchen was a mess. James and Andrew were covered in flower, egg and...Milk? This is what you get..."Didn't you say your brothers hate you"
I rolled my eyes at Darrel as he asked this. "Really, now"

I shook my head and walked in fully. I tried not to step on anything slippery and managed to stand I front of the kitchen Island. "What did you guys do?" My brother looked up at me and smiled sheepishly. Good god.

"Sam"
Andrew took a cloth and wiped his face and then took my brothers face and wiped the flower and milk off. Wait question mark. Their faces where so close together as he wiped his mouth and cheek. Sam came in two minutes after I called dim and stood dead in his tracks. "Am I interrupting anything"

James and Andrew pulled back real fast and my brother tried to look occupied as Sam looked at both of them suspiciously. "No, we just didn't mix right...I mean the ingredients for the cake"

James blushed but Andrew just smirked...sort of evilly.

"Ok me and Darrel will go and let you be" I pulled Darrel by the arm and led him out to the porch. "I don't know what's stranger, that or seeing you kill officer Pat" I slapped his arm and walked through the field. "I have to go back"
Darrel looked at me in horror and shook his head. He turned to me, grabbed my face gently and pulled me close to him. He closed the space between and touched my lips gently with his.

I snaked my arms around him and his hands landed on my hips as he tried to pull me closer, if it was even possible. After our make out he let me go just barely so our foreheads touched. "Please don't...what if you go to jail"

I laughed silently and shook my head. "I have to...for my father and brothers, and most importantly we have to find out who the twins are..." he nodded in agreement and smiled. It reminded me of the first time we kissed.

----------------------------

I was sitting in my kitchen listening to the news and trying to make my breakfast...I wasn't even paying attention to the bread that was in the toaster. Pretty sure it was burned. "Hey loser take h garbage out, it stinks" my brother Sam yelled even though I was like not even 5 feet away.

"You can say please you know" I told him as I opened the garbage can and took the black bag out tying a not on the top. "I don't say please to a fag" my heart dropped to the word and tears where forming in my eyes. James, my oldest brother walked in but stopped as he saw me.