Chap 4

Darrel POV

I was sitting on a bench outside the station waiting for Spencer since he has been taking in custody.

Truly it wasn't his fault...it was mine.

Whatever happened in the last year happened because I was to stupid to concentrate on the task at hand and Spencer knew.

He knew all of it.

"Darrel...Oh my god it is you" my head snapped towards the voice that had called out my name.

"Lillian?" I asked as I saw a mop of long black hair walking towards me. She nodded and smiled at me.

She was wearing what she always did, a warrior white dress and a bow and arrow on her back and in hand.

"What are you doing here, does your dad know your here".

She shook her head and looked at the station in front of us. "You know what he says about this, a girl isn't suppose to do what I can" she sighed and looked down sadly.

"Well you are not like other girls" I told her while nudging her shoulder. She laughed and looked up at me.

"Yeah I know, how are you doing this couldn't of been easy for you"

I knew what she was talking about, the mission, my mission.

I closed my eyes and remembered the incident that haunted me to this day.

The day it all started.

------------------
"Nice aim Darrel, see you've been practicing" a voice had said. I turned to face this mysterious person who knew my name.

"And who might you be" I asked the cloaked person in front of me. "I am Someone who can help you escape"

The person had said, I lowered my bow and put the arrow back in its place. The person who was still covered by their hood was leaning against a tree, probably waiting for my response.

"Escape what exactly" my black hair was covering my eye and sweat was running down my face.

I was tired and had enough of practising today, my breath was heavy but I still stayed on my two feet waiting for this...this person to tell me, whatever it is.

"Escape this place, I know you hate Mexico as much as the next person, but you weren't even born here, no...you were born well, somewhere else I presume"

The person had a wickedness in its voice, but it didn't phase me, I stood well on my ground.

"You have some nerve don't you, coming into my life and telling me what I do and don't like...this is my home and nothing will tear me away from it"

I turned on my heel and walked out of the forest.

Mexico is nice, at least where I come from, my city is big and has a lot of devises.

But I like to live it old style, bow and arrow, sometimes casual hunting gear and just shooting targets in the forest.

But the moment I step out of that path, I step into the real world.

Were there is a lot of traffic, noise that is unbearable in the apartment I'm staying at, and tall buildings most made out of glass where the rich folks live.

I only live my my dad who is the hardest working man I've seen in Mexico.

I dropped out of school at 15 when he couldn't support me going to high school after grade 9 so I started working at KFC.