last stop

“ Ace has been causing a lot of trouble for foster families and myself.” The headmistress has been talking for over an hour about Ace’s behavior. How he do drugs and if you don’t come to adopt him a few weeks ago, she would have sent him to rehab or some camp for addicts.

“ Mrs. White, I will take it from here, you don’t need to worry about that now, I will take care of it,” Phoenix said

“ thank goodness, sign this and you can take him and leave,” said the headmistress taking out a paper form in her draw, handing it over for Phoenix to sign it.

“Where's Ace?” Phoenix asked handing the paper back to the women.

“ the security would lead him out to your car.” said the woman.

Phoenix makes this way to his car. Sam is sleeping in the car with his head resting on the window. And the other two boys talking about some book. Phoenix opens the door, seating in the front buckling up when he settled.

“ Are you guy hungry is almost noon” Phoenix ask the boy that awake.
Y
“Yes “  both answer at the same time.
“ we are going to a hotel, it take us 1hour to reach here. And because I can’t stop at any food places, we be eating back at the hotel. Can u wait till then.” Phoenix asked the boys.

River humming while Finn says nothing. They waited a couple more minutes before they hear a knock on the window. phoenix turns his head in the direction of the noise sees that his brother is here, phoenix opens the door of the passenger side letting him make his way inside the car.

🙈🙉💓
Sam felt a gentle, hesitant shake on his shoulder. He felt so relaxed and comfortable  that he back to sleep. But before he go back to sleep and a hand clap on his should tighten, violent shaking him awake. Sam open his eyes and goes to cursed at the person who interrupt his sleep but when his gaze caught the tall, huge build, Sam seat up properly looking out the widow. The build is gold and in front the entrance it write on the wall ‘welcome to melon hotel'. That hotel is where rich  people stay in.

“ uh why are we here” Sam asked still looking around.

“ I would explain everything once we get inside.” Phoenix said open the car door leading other boys inside the hotel. Once inside the hotel people keep giving Sam side glances now and then. Sam just wants to get out crown and inside they assign room.

“ let go” Pheonix  walked off to their room. The room has modern design to it. 4 bedrooms, two bathroom and a living room. Upside of their room  has a pool and I overview of the city.

Sam was seating on the couch watching tv, when he hear a knock on the door. He was about to get up but Phoenix beat him to it. Phoenix collected their food, setting it down on table in front the couch. His rest of brother much have smelled the food because they were in living within seconds.

“ eat” Phoenix commanded the boys
Sam took a slice of pizza and eating it. If he was not hungry right now he would have said something about command, but he let it rest for now.
Sam and his brother finish their food. When Phoenix got up and clear the table. Sam was about to take a sleep but Phoenix voice make him seat back down

“ we have to talk don’t move from this area” said phoenix.

“ by now you all know that you are adopted by me” Phoenix said looking at each of his brother while talk. Phoenix can hear soft yeses so he on by saying.

“ they are things I want you to know while they are things that I don’t want you to know.” Phoenix sign he was not prepared for this talk. The plan has change that why he adopting them now.” We are moving to Canada tomorrow at 5” said phoenix.

“what about school?” asked river
“ you would transfer to the same private school when we reach there” replied Phoenix

Phoenix looked to see if river is satisfy by his response. When river nodded his hand he continues “ mom and dad presence wouldn’t be with us for a while, but that something we will talk about later, now go to sleep except Ace.” Phoenix said.

The boys got up from the couch leaving Phoenix and ace in silence. The boy stares at each other. When the dark blue eyes locked on the same color eyes, Phoenix decided to start the conversation.

“ Ace, I don’t know what you went through during your time at foster care, but his habit of u doing drugs will not sit right me,” phoenix said still holding contact with his eyes.
“ if u have drug on u right now hand it over because if I find any after night you will not like what I do to u” Phoenix threaten ace.

Ace just seat at the couch staring at his brother face avoid eyes contract.
“ ace, did u have any drugs on u” Phoenix asked gently this time when ace don’t ask him.

“no” ace said starting down at his hand.

“ ok, go to bed” Phoenix said but when ace stand up, he saw Finn marching to them.

“ Phoenix, Sam it sleep on the bed I pick out first ‘ complain Finn with tears settle in bottom of his eyes
‘ when we were driving here I told u all once u rest your head on the bed, u can sleep on it.”  Phoenix said standing looking at Finn.

Finn was going to protest but Phoenix stop him” go sleep on the bed next to sam.”  Phoenix said sternly. He watches Finn slowly retreat to the room that he came from. Phoenix then leads ace into his, river and ace room.

Phoenix went to the closet to change his clothes. he put on a black boxer and white shirt and went to bed. Phoenix sees that ace was nervous look at the bed that he lay on, so he got off the bed.

“ do you want to sleep with someone else?” Phoenix asked hoping he can ease his nerves?

“No” Ace said getting on the bed laying down feeling the cold breeze wave at him before he close his eyes.