World Info

Map of Veldran  (Veldis is also called Velaris, Velaris is more formal)

Map of Veldran (Veldis is also called Velaris, Velaris is more formal)

GENERAL STUFF

World Name: Elsaire

Country Name: Veldran

Capital: Veldis

Cities: Relin, Norvin, Windsor, Starfen, Aster Oasis

Languages:
Veldrian - Common language, spoken across the entirety of Veldran. A mix of Aldrish and Firish.

Aldrish - Language of the Gozine, named after their former homeland of Alder.

Firish - The old language, formerly spoken across all of Veldran. Originally spoken by Aralfi and Lozenfi.

Senrish - A language spoken by Sielfi, spoken by tightening their their gills and whistling through them underwater.

Sera - Old language of the Seralfi. Mostly a dead language, spoken still in some remote villages & by people trying to sound cultured.

Noltongue - The old language of Lialfi and Arakfi. Similar to Sera, it is a dying language, although its nonverbal form is still quite popular.

Nolspeak - A language made through hitting hard surfaces, using punches, taps, and claps to communicate through tunnels. Initially used by Lialfi and Arakfi. Contrary to it's name, it is not spoken. Nonverbal form of Noltongue.

JOBS & ROLES

Handlers - Handlers are responsible for taking care of and disciplining Lozenfi. If a Lozenfi hurts any bystanders, the Handler is considered to be at fault. They must train, feed, and do anything needed of them to keep their Lozenfi in line.

Champions - Entertainers who fight Gladiators & Other Champions in the arena. Usually held in high regard and on similar standing with nobility, especially if they win a lot.

Pilots - People who fly airships. Theyre also highly respected, as they have to understand weather patterns, clouds, and such, and hold the lives of many people in their hands, especially in commercial Airships.

Executioners - Lozenfi who are supposed to kill those that they are pitted against. Tend to be stronger and better fed than other Lozenfi. Usually there is only 1-2 in Veldis at a time.

Gladiators - Lozenfi who are supposed to fight prisoners and champions in the arena. They're the rivals convicts are pitted against in trial by combat. Despite being stronger than the typical Lozenfi slaves, they also tend to be less well fed, considering they can not eat the people they defeat and their usually aggressive nature makes handlers apprehensive to feed them.

Prefect - head of Lozenfi and handler dealings in the Colosseum. Essentially their boss, though Prefect does not have ultimate power.

TITLES