CHAPTER 8

PERMISSION

For the first time, I got permission to go outside the city. and meet the other beastmen.

Of course, it meant that I would be escorted by Leo and Lily.
As we were going outside the outer walls of the territory capital, Jane my mother gave me a child's leather armor, a robe, and a short sword as a weapon.
I wore the equipment I was given in my room.

'Young master Fukiba, you look very nice.' (Cicily)

It's Cicily, the cute maid, who is always ready to compliment me.

Right.....Young master Fukiba! It's your first time outside, and it can be dangerous even around the outer walls, so please be very careful.

Yeah, I know. I know. I'll be careful, because if I get hurt, they're not going to let me out and grounded me, so I'll be careful.

I got my gear together and went outside.

My mother, Jane, and my Big brother, Gin, were waiting for me.

'Fukiba, you look great. Even though you are practicing your magic, there are still magical beasts out there. Be careful.
Young master Fukiba, tell me a story about when you were out there!
'Mother, I'll be off then. I'll be back by evening.

"Yes, Be careful and don't be hurt.

I follow my teacher Leo and Teacher Lily on foot.

Passing through the gate of the grounds, the two of them took me to walk through the territory capital.
The main street was paved with cobblestones and there were many stalls that looked like stalls.

The people outside were bustling and I could tell that this city was growing. I was convinced that my father was a supremely decent lord, but I was scurrying around, looking around at all the new things.
"If you keep acting like that people will think that you're from the countryside. since your parents are the lords and you might inherit the land so you shouldn't act so surprised"

No, even though he's the son of a lord, he's the Second son. And I plan to be an adventurer when I grow up.
''You're only five years old, but there's something unchildlike about you. At that age, if my parents were lords, I can only imagine them being more pushy.
'I was educated by my parents that they were Margrave (Aristocrat) because of their lordship. The tax revenue goes up because of the prosperity of the fiefs. That's how we're fed.

"The lord here is well known in the guild because of his good government. We moved here from other cities. It's safe, and the forest is nearby, so we get a lot of requests for guilds.
Yeah. It's a great place to live. Great food.

They both seem to think this city is good for them. That means your father's policies are working.

I walk away, satisfied.

'Oh, if we're going out to the outer walls, can we stop by the guild once? Maybe there might be some information about the outside world.
I want to go to the guild!

Fukiba eyes light up and he answers immediately.
He walks through the city and sees a sign with a double sword crossed over a shield. It's a large building in its own right.
He opens the door and enters.
There is a receptionist at the front, and on the right, a form that appears to be a request is posted on a bulletin board.
On the left, there is a waiting area and a place that looks like a restaurant.

Even though it was still morning, some adventurers were already drinking.
The three of us continued on to the reception desk.

[Fukiba, can I ask you a few questions?]