Dinner night

Angie was not freaking out, she couldn't be freaking out, so she wasn't. She was just perfectly calm about having dinner with the Madrigals. Why wouldn't she be calm about it?

She knew the three Madrigal kids, and all of them got along quite well with Angie. It wasn't like it would be the first time her father ever meet friends of hers or that she was formally introduced to a friend's parents. 

Except it was.

Bruno was her first best friend and she really didn't want to mess it up in any way. And if this pressure wasn't already too much, Alma Madrigal just had to be the leader of the whole community. So she couldn't just forbid Bruno from being friends with her, but just kick Angie and her father from Encanto!

No pressure, right?

"Dad! I need help with my hair!" The girl screamed, tears forming in her eyes as she stared into the mirror, her head hurting from the comb stuck into her curly locks of hair.

"What do you need, princesa?" The man asked coming into the room to rescue his daughter.

"I just wanted to get it in place but the comb..." The girl sniffled trying to keep herself from crying on the spot.

"No need to be sad, mija. Dad is going to fix it in a second, okay?" The man looked at his daughter's hazel eyes through the mirror's reflex of them.

"Okay." The girl took a deep breath and puffed her cheeks getting ready for the bits of pain that would come with the man's hands untangling her hair.

For anyone else, this could have been a weird view. Carlos Martinez was a big and muscular man, the last thing someone would think of to describe him was delicate, but that was his biggest trait when tending to his daughter. Every movement of his hand was careful as he tried not to hurt his daughter any more than it would be needed to take off the hairbrush from her hair.

It wasn't an unusual event, tending her curls was a job that had always needed a special care to be done, it was not something that could just be done in a rush or by untrained hands. Ana, her mother, had always said that the only thing Angie's hair needed to get tangled was being looked at.

It took a bit of time, but soon enough the hairbrush was out of the blond locks.

"Do you want me to braid it, princesa?" The man asked running his fingers softly through the girl's hair taking care of the last few knots.

"Please?" The girl asked rubbing her eyes to get rid of the tears that almost spilled.

"Are you nervous about tonight?" His blue eyes were focused on the job of dealing with her curls as he asked.

"A bit more than I'd like to admit." The girl gulped.

"Don't think too hard about what will happen. If anyone there doesn't like you, they don't deserve you my Ángel.

"Okay." She tried to follow his advice by thinking of other things, like focusing on her father's tall figure.

She had a bit of him, but everyone had always said she was more like her mother, it had always made her proud even if she couldn't see much of it. Her father's hair was the same shade of honey blonde, thought it went much more to the wavy than the curly side.

He was ready for the dinner at the Madrigal residence, his long hair was in a perfectly done ponytail and his social shirt was perfectly aligned, he had even cleared his face from his precious beard, it was a much different look from the pirate wannabe look he had going on for the last eight years.

"All done here." The braid was perfectly done, it was almost reaching the middle of her back, he had tied it together with a bright green ribbon, he had left a few loose curls to framing her face and making the whole look a bit more natural to the kid'd features.