Pinky promise

Julieta was worried about her brother. Bruno had always been a bit of a loner, it wasn't his fault, the way other people saw his gift was atrocious, and he was always too scared to prove anything against this disturbed view people had of him.

She thought that Angie could fix it, give him hope, and help to make people realize that he wasn't a threat. But now she was going away, and Bruno had to learn about it in the worst way possible.

Julieta was angry at herself, because for one second, just one second, she blamed Angie for everything, for hurting her brother. But as soon as this bitter thought came, it vanished hidden by the memory of the girl's shocked face at her father's words. She didn't know about it, and she was taken back just s much as Bruno.

Julieta had always been known as the most sensible of the Madrigal triplets. If the gifts were able to say something about the personality of the Madrigal family, Julieta's gift showed her as an altruistic and kind person. But that one time, she wanted to put her family first.

She knew that Angie wasn't dealing well with the situation and she knew that probably she needed time to deal with the information herself before doing anything else. But the only thing in Julieta's mind was that this one girl was the only one that would be able to help her brother, because she and Pepa had tried everything they could and nothing had helped. 

So, on that day as she knocked at the Martinez's door, she decided she would be a bit selfish. For the sake of her siblings, she would be selfish.

Carlos Martinez was the one that opened the door. The man clearly hadn't gotten a blink of sleep the night before, he looked like he had aged ten years in a night as his tired blue eyes stared into the visitant.

"Julieta, how can I help you?"

"Can I speak to Angie?" Julieta forced a smile.

The man took a deep breath "I guess it could be good to her. Down the hall, second door at your right."  Carlos instructed opening way to the girl.

"Thank you." Julieta wasted no time as she walked down the hall, this time the house didn't seem as welcoming as before, the air seemed heavier.

Angie's room was different from anything Julieta had thought, from everything she had ever known living in the Madrigal's household. It was small, and pretty much empty. There was a wardrobe in a corner and a hammock in the middle of the room, and that was just it.

"Papa, I told you I don't want to talk."  Angie was spread in the hammock, face down onto the fabric, her long curls falling through the sides of the hammock in cascades of honey-blond mess.

"I'm not your dad, does it change something?" Julieta asked softly, for one second she saw how much alike Angie and Bruno were, she couldn't count how many times she had found Bruno in the exact same position in his room after giving someone a bad prediction.

Angie tried to lift her head, but her eyes kept being covered by her locks, she tried to roll to the side to get up but all he got from it was falling face first on the floor.

"My day keeps getting better. Mierda." The last word was no more from a whisper the girl got up.

Julieta scrunched her nose at the sight of the girl's face. Her nose was turning red from the fall, it would probably be swollen latter if not quickly tended, and her eyes were puffed and red from crying. But Angie didn't let any of it affect her as she set a bright, fake smile on her face as she leaned against the wall behind her.

"Hey, Julie. Oh, I don't really have this intimacy, hey Julieta." Angie was talking in such a fast pace that it was hard for Julieta to understand what was coming out from the other girl.