chapstick

got this idea last week, so I thought I'd write it :)
---------

Mumbling was heard from Good's room as Jef walked past it towards the bathroom to put away some recently dried towels. Not thinking much of it, he continued his task for a while until he found himself passing by the room again. Good presumably heard him this time, calling him inside for assistance with something.

"What's up?" Jef asked, closing the bedroom's door as he walked in.

"I can't find my chapstick, get your ass over here and help me out," Good stated, rummaging through his desk for any sign of said object.

It was then that Jef realized Good was in his "human" form, his usual features more hidden as he took the appearance of someone more like Jef. His tail was still visible (Good was terrible at hiding it sometimes), but his fluffy state was instead replaced with a slightly shorter than usual brunet, his usual dark blue eyes, and his cloak.

It didn't take Jef much by surprise as he'd seen this form before, but he was more surprised with the fact Good changed forms in the midst of being sick.

Good had gotten sick a few days prior, and it resulted in him sneezing all around the house. It was a pretty humorous sight seeing the usually intimidating man carrying a box of Kleenex tissues around everywhere as he sniffled. Though, this was the reason Good searched for the chapstick; his lips had gotten chapped from blowing his nose continuously on tissues branded as soft but would actively feel like sandpaper on one's skin. Of course Jef didn't audibly laugh since he'd most likely be close to 'killed' by Good's stare full of daggers.

Putting his reminiscence to a close, Jef moved to Good's cabinets to assist in the search of the missing chapstick. Though, with the looks of it, this was going to be a long day.

~~'~~

Laughter could be heard in the backyard of the duo's residence as they swung on a hammock chatting about.

"So let me get this straight," Jef spoke, interrupted by giggles in between words. "You, Goodboyhalo, have used cherry flavored chapstick since youth?"

With Good's obvious ignorance of the question, Jef bursted out laughing once more. Of course, there was nothing wrong with the chapstick flavor, which Jef himself has used on multiple occasions, he was just surprised at how his friend's tough exterior could be broken by cherry flavored products.

"Y'know I was a weird kid growin' up," Good started, clearing his throat of the feeling that something was stuck in it.

"Oh? Do tell," Jef responded, wiping the corners of his eyes from the tears produced by his laughing session.

"I would actively use chapstick just so I could lick it off my lips, I just thought it tasted good. Like, I would hardly get chapped lips, so I didn't even need chapstick, but I used it just to practically eat it."

Jef felt like laughing again, though his pained stomach and sore face turned it into more of a wheeze mixed with a small snort, which just turned into a brief coughing fit.

"Must've been tasty then," Jef responded, clutching his stomach until the 'pain' subsided.

Though, an idea was sparked.

"All this laughing parched me up, gimme please," Jef spoke, making a popping noise with his mouth as he extended his hand, asking for Good's chapstick.

"Nope, fuck off, get your own next time," Good joked, turning to face their garden in the opposite direction of Jef.

"Alright, I'll just take it off you then."

Grabbing onto Good's hoodie, Jef brought his face towards his own into a small, brief kiss.

Pulling away, Jef acted as if all was normal, slightly licking his lips to taste the subtle flavor of cherry. Good, now processing what had just happened, wanted to pester the other with questions as his embembarrassment flushed in. Unfortunately, he had to turn away again in order to sneeze into his arm.

"You're right, it does taste good," Jef teased, wrapping an arm around Good's shoulders.

"FuCk yOų-" Good responded, wanting it to be intimidating, but was once again interrupted by a sneeze.

Jef pulled away from Good, a thought sinking in.

"You better not get me sick, Halo, or I swear-"

---------

with that I now have more accessible free time this week :D

I would've published this earlier, but I woke up later than usual since I didn't go to bed until midnight last night-