Hunter

@/Coffe_Amargo: "Suggestion: in the next chapter, what do you think about making Good a pumpkin monster hunter and Jef a "pumpkin monster"? Idk, it just came to mind-"

Sure! Also, don't mind the song, pretend that's what the monsters do to children :')

i was super proud of this but then i feel like i ruined it so dont mind any parts that seem like crap, i should really stop writing at like 3 or 6 in the morning-
~~~

Good wiped his forehead for what seemed the hundredth time that day, lightly panting as he watched the beast he's killed slowly fade away. After being seen as a powerful fallen angel, he had been hired to kill the mutant pumpkins that had started to invade the land.

Some were easily killed, while others did put up the fight. He walked away from the pile of dust and started searching for the next creature to fall to his blade.

Good had been going at it for about 5 hours, almost nonstop, and hated to admit that he craved a break. But he knew that water and food breaks were the only things with exceptions, everything else shall might as well be forgotten until no beast roams the home of the local people.

The sun quickly began to set, an inevitable time of day that had to come sooner or later. The fallen angel had no time to stare in awe at the colours in the sky as the star set behind the horizon, as he knew that the trrors were minutes upon arrival.

For you see, the monsters feared daylight and hid in the shadows as the sun cast its light on the world, but during the night when the stars further out shined bright with the moon the pumpkin beasts roamed freely, and terrorized the good people of the town of Silsby.

Good took out his torch and held it around as a light source in the pitch black darkness of the woods around the town. He quieted his little thoughts as he heard distant cackling and noises, which he guessed came from the pumpkins themselves. He sprinted as quietly as he could towards noises, to eventually be led towards a single cabin, which he immediately recognized as a pumpkin base.

He was about to leave when he heard some chatting from the building, which normally never happened unless there was a victim inside. He headed towards the window, and peeked inside the house. To his surprise, no human being was inside the house. What he did find was a pumpkin creature, who looked to be around his age, struggling with their own vines.

"Stupid vines, why'd you gotta be so complicated?" Good heard the one inside speak.

The creature, assumed to be male, had a pretty high pitched and whiney voice. His dark brown hair faded slightly into orange as some dark green vines stuck out of most of his body. Judging by the pumpkin boy's human-like clothing, Good came to the conclusion that the made this boy a spy.