Roaring Thunder

The crazy fights we had in the rain pouring our emotions out harder than the rainfall. The thunder roaring in the sky as we shove each other. But what hurt the most wasn't the gunshot. It was the words we said to each other that night. We said things that we knew would hurt each other, we picked on the very scars we showed one another to protect each other but instead of helping to heal those wounds we opened them again and watched each other bleed. Instead of hiding our demons we brought them out in the rain and let them dance like they never did before. To the beat of the roaring thunder. I think now I understand what the roaring thunder wanted to teach me that night, words stay, they hurt even if you apologize it never really goes away. Her words haunt me to. This very day and I ask myself, why did I do this to us? Why did I let it get to this extent? Both of us hurt to the extent we believe to be beyond repair. Both bounded by chains only they can see. We are prisoners. Now I ask let's say the Prince's crown was just a way to hide his horns, does that mean she really didn't know him? Does that make their memories fake? Was their love just another fabricated lie? Would she have stayed if she knew her knight in shining armor wasn't an angel with shining golden wings but a demon with more scars than she could ever imagine? Would she have stayed? Would she have stayed? WOULD SHE HAVE STAYED! She prayed to God to save her from her demons but it wasn't God that was listening to her cries for help nor was he the one that came to her aid. No, it was the devil. Even with her eyes close she could tell it was no angel that had come to ask her for a dance, She knew who she was dancing with. But she didn't run away. No, instead she closed her eyes and pretended she didn't know who she was dancing with, hoping that by the end of the song when she opens her eyes the devil would have sprouted songs and turned into an angel. So she let the devil have a dance and they danced to their hearts extent. But when the song was finally over and it was time for Cinderella to open her eyes she realized she didn't have the power in her which changes a beast into a Prince. So she ran away and the beast realizing that no matter what he does he would always remain a beast. So the beast returned to the wilderness to hunt again hoping that one day he would turn into a man. But let's say the beast told her who he was from the start, would she have been able to stand the heat of the fire? Would she be able to look at his horns without running in fear? Would she have stayed if she knew just behind his golden crown was a pair of nicely sharpened horns? Would she be able to look at her reflection in the mirror knowing fully well she had dined with the devil.