Chapter 2-Potions, Quidditch, and Sickness

~Brinley's Perspective~

I woke up in the morning and looked around, seeing my dress and shoes on the floor. I panicked, remembering last night.

I grabbed the t-shirt Draco had given me last night and threw it on, grabbing my dress and shoes and running to Ravenclaw tower.

I hurried to my room, praying Tatum was sleeping, and ran in.

As soon as I ran in, Tatum yelled:

"Where have you been?! I got worried sick when you didn't show back up at the ball! Where were you?!"

Shoot, need an excuse.

"I went to the library!" I said without thinking "Fell asleep there and woke up this morning."

"Mhm, where'd the change of clothes come from then? You don't own t-shirts."

Darnnit I forgot about his shirt.

"Well, uh-"

"Did you... Y'know... with someone?!" Tatum asked, her eyes scanning my messy hair and weak legs.

"Well- Uhm- Maybe- Yeah-"

"Who was it?!"

I couldn't tell her it was Draco, to say she didn't like him was an understatement. She despised him for thinking that he was a prince because he was Pureblood. He also had teased her because of her whole family situation with her dad leaving her and her mum dying and her foster family hating her.

"Uh- his name's Mason." I said, hopping she didn't know any Mason's.

"Mason? Last name?"

Shoot.

"He's a um- Hufflepuff!"

"Oh, ew."

She stopped nagging me, knowing how much I loved Hufflepuff's and how much she despised them.

"Anyways, time to get ready..?"

I got dressed into a pair of black leggings and a Christmas sweater. We had potions first today, and later was a quidditch match.

We went to class, sitting down. I glanced over at Draco, this was one of two classes I had with him. I also had transfiguration.

He glanced at me too, and we both looked away. My face went red and I hid it by laying down my head.

"Alright class, today is would like you to identify these three potions, can anyone do so?" Professor Slughorn said, walking in.

My hand shot up.

"Yes, Miss Riders?"

"That one there is Veritaserum, it's a truth telling serum, and that one is... Uhm Its- it's Amortentia! a love potion. It's rumored to smell different to each person, based on what attracts them. For example, I smell.... Apples, fresh paper, plants, ink, fur...." I trailed off, glancing at Draco but looking away immediately.

"That's correct Miss Riders."

"What about the third one?!" Someone from behind called, Tatum I presume.