Chapter 5-Quidditch

~Brinleys perspective~

Tommorow was the final quidditch game of the season, it was Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin. Normally it would've been Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw, but because of an injury with the Slytherin team a while back, we had switched the times we had our match against the. I was around 5 months pregnant and still nobody had noticed, and most of the teachers thought I shouldn't play but I couldn't let my team down.

I have been wearing oversized shirts and not really spending much time outside of Hogwarts besides when I was allowed to see my parents (and to do quidditch) we would meet at Hogsmede so they could check in on me.

All but a few of the professors knew I was pregnant, and I had been told I could stay at the nurses office instead of my dorm anytime.

I could leave a few minutes early from my last class of the day to get back to my dorm, or the nurses, but usually I didn't.

Anyways, I left class a few minutes early today, luckily it was transfiguration, and Professor McGonagall was one of the few that knew.

Transfiguration also happened to be one of my classes with Draco, and I saw him watch me leave, confused.

I went to my dorm, changing into something comfy instead of my school clothes.

My birthday was also tommorow, I would be 17. I was excited mainly, but didn't like that my birthday was on the day of the last quidditch match.

I sat down on my bed, grabbing a book and laying down.

A few minutes later, Tatum and Luna walked in.

"Are you excited to be 17?" Tatum asked, sitting on my bed and smiling at me.

"Yeah, but tommorow isn't just my birthday Tatum..." I said, nervously

"I know, I know, but it'll be ok!"

I sighed. After the game, I also was going to the nurse to find out the gender of the baby. I personally was hoping for a girl, but honestly I didn't mind either gender.

"Remember, I said no big birthday party. Or gender party. Please Tatum." I said, because she did that alot.

"Fine Brin." She said, rolling her eyes

"Thank you. Now I'm going to sleep while you do your homework." I said. Tatum never did her homework, not that I did right now, but I got excused from homework.

I laid down and quickly fell asleep.

~~~~

The next morning I woke up and got dressed. I hadn't had as much morning sickness recently, but it was helpful.

I grabbed my bag and went to eat breakfast earlier than I usually did, but I knew I needed to eat before quidditch, especially today.

Most of the team was there already, so we sat and ate quickly before heading down to the stands.

It was a sunny day and there was a soft breeze so it felt nice outside. I sat in the girls changing rooms waiting for the others to get ready, then we went to meet our captain before the game.

He went over strategies and stuff, but I didn't pay much attention. He didn't really have a "Strategy" for me, as I usually did my own thing anyways, and I was thinking of what would be happening after the match.

Usually the gender would've been known by now, but I had put it off. I had studies and school work to focus on, but now with the year almost being over I thought it would be best to know, so I could let my parents know if they wanted to buy stuff over the summer for bear.

The captain finally finished and we waited only a few minutes for the round to start.