Chapter 11-Dramatic Arse

After I had finished telling them what happened.

Malfoy was the first to say something.

"So you- kept this from me?!" He said, gesturing to Lilli.

"She has a name, Malfoy. And you very well know that. Liliana Grace Riders." I said, glaring at the boy.

"But- im- and you-" he started, still obviously confused. "Hold on, give me a moment to process the shift of universes from a normal life to learning I have a child." He sneered.

"Can you just stop acting like it's the end of the world Malfoy?!" Tatum said, obviously having accepted this faster than he had.

"I'm not ready to be a father, and my own would disown me if he found out I had a child with a blood traitor." He glared at Tatum and me, but seemed to soften when looking at Lilli, if only just for a quick second.

I scooted away and towards Tatum more, wrapping protective arms over Liliana.

"Don't worry I don't need nor want anything to do with you, especially when it comes to my child." I hissed at Draco. "Lilli is loved by me, my parents, Tatum, and all our other friends, and she dosent need you. I just thought you deserved at least the knowledge that you had a child, and now she can grow up, knowing full well her father abandoned her, and that he was offered a chance, and that he made the decision do hastily." I snapped, startling Lilli who stirred and started to fuss.

"Shh." I whispered softly to the baby, kissing her forehead and getting up, walking out of the room before Draco could say anything else.

I made my way to my dorm, not bothered by the fact of being seen. Most people only used this hallway as a shortcut from the dungeons to the hospital wing and even then, everyone would be at dinner by now.

I opened the door and went to my room, sitting down on the bed and grabbing a book, Liliana still laying on my shoulder.

I heard the door to my dorm open and saw Tatum peek into my room. She walked in and sat next to me, wrapping an arm around me.

"Don't worry about him, Malfoys a git." She said kissing my forehead.

I realized I was shaking and close to crying.

"I thought if I told him, maybe he would help with Lilli." I said, my voice breaking as a tear rolled down my cheek. "I love her but I have gotten maybe 10 hours of sleep altogether this week." I laid my head on Tatum's shoulder and she wiped my eyes.

"I know it's stressful love." She said, running a hand absentmindedly through my hair "If you need help you can always ask me, I would be more than happy to help Gracie."

I smiled softly.

"I would really appreciate it."

That was all she needed, she grabbed the book out of my hand, setting it on my bedside table, and took Lilli from me.

"Rest." Was all she said as she walked into Liliana's nursery, which was a room connected to my own, and flicking off the light as she went.

I laid down and fell quickly into sleep.

~~~~

The next day, I awoke rested to the sound of clattering in the kitchen.

I got up and changed quickly, realizing I had slept in my robes, into a light-yellow sundress and jean jacket I had gotten from Tatum for my 17th birthday, which seemed like an eternity ago.

It was Saturday, so I walked quickly to the kitchen, desperate for food.

When I walked in, I was greeted with the sight of Tatum, baby on her hip, cooking bacon and eggs muggle-style on the small stove.

I smiled to myself and cleared my throat, causing Tatum to jump slightly.

"Morning Brin." She said, walking over and handing me Lilli.

I kissed Liliana's forehead immediately, as had become habit, and hugged Tatum.

"Thank you so much for last night, you have no idea how helpful that was." I said, seriously grateful for the girl.

"It was nothing, seriously, Gracie slept through most of last night and only awoke a few times, and when she did she was quickly pulled back into sleep by a bottle." She said, but I could hear the tired in her voice she had obviously tried to mask with happiness.

"Go sleep, Tatum, I'll finish breakfast."

The girl looked as if she were going to protest, but walked into my room gratefully and I heard her breathing slow in only a few minutes.