Chapter 9-Haven

Time seemed to go by faster with Lilli to worry about.

I constantly had her on my mind in class, not paying attention untill Tatum or the teacher helped me zone-in after I zoned out.

Today was one of those fast-paced days.

I was sitting in charms, my last class of the day, thinking of Lilli, when a blur of black ran into the room and over to Professor Flitwick, sobbing.

I looked over, realizing it was Haven. Her black pig-tail braids were tousled.

Without thinking, or giving another thought to the book chapter we were reading, I got up and walked quickly over to Haven and the head of Ravenclaw.

"Haven dear, are you ok?" I asked, kneeling down and brushing a strand of hair out of her face, wiping tears of her cheeks.

She engulfed me in a hug, still sobbing, and buried her head into my shoulder.

"They hurt me and almost killed my cat." I heard her mumble through sobs.

I pulled back, looking at her, fully aware of all the class' eyes on me.

"Who did?" I asked.

"The S-Slytherins" she mumbled, looking away from me.

"Come her darling." I pulled her back into me and she immediately buried herself back into my shoulder, her fingers gripping my robes.

"Shh it's alright, why don't you talk to Professor Flitwick about it and he'll help okay?" I asked, running a hand through her hair softly.

She nodded and turned to the Professor, who had been watching us.

She took a few deep breathes and calmed herself, then began telling him what happened as I returned to my seat next to Tatum.

"Who's that?" She asked, not looking away from the still shaking girl.

"Haven, she's a Muggle-born first year Ravenclaw. She stumbled into my room a week or two ago, running from an older Slytherin boy." I said, looking back down at my book.

Tatum nodded, clear that she wanted to know more, but left it at that.

~~~~

That weekend, I sat in my room with Liliana in my lap asleep.

I was reading through a transfiguration textbook, since transfiguration was one of the subjects I was taking for N.E.W.T'S.

I heard a light knock on the door and carefully set Liliana in a small bassinet, kissing her forehead.

I opened the door to see Haven looking up at me.

"I'm sorry if I disturbed you... I don't have anything else to do today, and your my only friend." She whispered.

"It's alright dear, come in and I'll get you a cup of hot chocolate." I said, closing the door when she walked in.

She sat on the couch in the kitchen/ now living room and glanced around, looking over at me confused when she caught sight of the bassinet.

I sighed.

Walking over and picking up Lilli, I sat next to her, ignoring her confusion.

"This is my daughter, Liliana." I said softly.

She smiled at the baby in my arms, who was now awake. Her light-blue eyes looking up at Haven.

"Do you want to hold her?" I asked, laughing softly at the way Haven's eyes lit up when I asked.

She didn't answer, just stretched her arms out.

I placed Lilli in her arms and she held the baby close as she rocked her slowly.

"Be careful with her, I don't need her getting hurt." I said with a tone of humor in my voice.

"Yes mum." She said, only slightly sarcastic.

I smiled at her, pulling her onto me so she was leaning into my chest.

I ran my hand through her now undone braids and kissed Haven's forehead, the girl I had met only a few weeks ago.

It really did feel like she was my kid.

~~~~

Did I publish 3 chapters in one day, yes. Am I gonna keep publishing, maybe.
Why, because I can.