Chapter 14-I'm sorry..?

I opened the door to my dorm, mentally scolding whoever had knocked because they could've woken up Lilli, and smiled a smile that quickly fell at the sight of the person at the door.

"Malfoy." I said. It wasn't a question but a statement, like a cold way of saying hello.

"Can... can we talk?" He said, fidgeting slightly with his left sleeve.

I softened when I saw him look up with a nervous and sad look in his eyes. Being a mothers made me soft.

Besides my first instinct being to turn away the boy standing in the hallway, I stepped out of the way anyways and let him come in, sitting at the small table in the kitchen.

I closed the door softly and gestured for him to be silent before sitting down with him.

"I'm sorry." He blurted out in a quiet voice.

"I'm sorry?" I repeated, confused.

"For calling you a blood traitor, for rejecting Lilli, for trying to leave you alone in this situation, for bullying you and Zachary all these years, for being the reason your in this mess at all. All of it. I'm sorry and I know that's not enough, but I'm ready to try, if it's okay with you, to change and be a better person. I've accepted my family doesn't make up me and there a horrible role model for what I should do. So again, I'm sorry. And I'll say it a thousand times more, I'm sorry that this happened and I'm sorry I didn't take the first chance I could to help you, but now I'm just asking for a chance to prove I've changed." He said looking up at me with hurt in his eyes.

And at that moment I knew he truly meant it, he was sorry.

"It's alright Malfoy, I think everyone deserves a second chance and no matter how many times I tell myself that I don't want your help, and I don't need it, I do. I desperately do. So here's your second chance. I'll see you at the winters ball Draco, if you truly are ready to change." I said, going to get Lilli as she had started crying.

When I walked back out, Draco was gone, but there was a note on the counter that said "See you ♡"

I smiled softly at it, setting it down and rocking Lilli back and forth while humming a lullaby until she fell back asleep.

~~~~

I had tried to focus on what Professor McGonagall was saying but was having a hard time doing that for 3 reasons.

1. The Winters ball was tonight.

2. Everyone around me was talking.

3.Liliana was squirming around on my lap, trying to get away from me as she had just learned how to crawl.

I sighed and gave up, turning Lilli to face me and reaching into my bag, which had an undetectable extension charm on it to hold more stuff.

I grabbed her bottle as soon as I felt the handle and handed it to Liliana, who grabbed it and drank if, leaning onto my chest sleepily.

She usually took a nap during lunch, which was right after this class, so I let her fall asleep and went back to listening to McGonagall's lecture and taking what little notes i could manage.

I felt something nudge my hand, which was on the table, and saw a small origami swan had landed there.

I unfolded the paper and saw in a soft handwriting:

What does the dress your wearing look like. If we're going to the Ball together I want to at least know what your wearing.

-D.L.M♡

I flipped the paper over and dipped my quill I had been using for notes in ink, writing a message back.

That's for me to know and you to find out. All I'll say is its green.

-B.M.R♡

I snuck my wand up to the table from my pocket and muttered a spell, making the paper fold into a swan again and watching it fly over Draco who was on the other side of the room sitting alone.