Chapter 17-Aftermath

I managed to at least get back to my dorm, with Draco staying over most nights to. I never honestly thought Draco would ever be in my room, none the less spending the night most days, but then again I also didn't except Lilli's room to be empty either.

I had been excused from classes and Draco has been skipping, us two just staying in bed almost all day.

But I knew eventually I'd have to leave the comfort of my room and go to class, or at least go see Madam Pomfrey...

I sighed, nuzzling closer to Draco as he and Tatum were the only things that brought me comfort.

He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer as I closed my eyes.

I still needed to check up with my parents too. They were probably worried about me.

After a bit of laying there, I got up slowly and walked to the kitchen in my pajamas.

I made a piece of toast, sitting on the counter and avoiding looking at Lillian's door.

I heard footsteps and looked back, seeing Draco walking out.

"Morning Draco..." I said softly as he walked over and sat next to me.

"Morning Brin..." He responded.

"I think.... I think I need to go see Madam Pomfrey today..." I said, leaning my head on his shoulder.

He nodded slightly.

"I can come with you, if you want" he ran a hand through my hair.

"Thank you Draco... For everything recently.."

"I should've been there before Brin... I should've been there and then maybe, just maybe, Lilli would... Lilli would still be here..."

I turned to look at him and saw tears in his eyes, and the same guilt I felt. The guilt that I thought this was my fault, no matter how illogical it was.

"Draco the way you reacted is reasonable... We're still kids, both of us, if you weren't ready to be a father at the time then that wasn't your fault.."

He glanced over at me, sighing.

"I know, but I still feel like I could've done more."

~~~~

We walked down the hallway to Madam Pomfrey's, Draco's arm around my shoulder protectively.

When we opened the door to the hospital wing, there were no students in there. Good. I didn't need anyone seeing me like this.

Madam Pomfrey, hearing the door open, walked out of her office.

"Oh Brinley dear, come here.." she walked over to me, embracing me in her arms.

"Are you doing okay?" She asked, pulling back.

I nodded slightly, glancing over at Draco.

"Mainly thanks to Tatum and Draco"

He smiled softly, entwining his fingers with mine.

Madam Pomfrey smiled also, leading us to her office.

When we were there, she checked to make sure anyone was listening before shutting the door and putting a silencing charm on the room.

"Brinley there's something you need to know." She said, whispering besides the charm.

I stared at her confused.

"The body that was found... At the bottom of the stairs... That wasn't Lilliana." She said, watching me closely.

I stood there for a few seconds.

"What do you mean Poppy?" I said, confused.

"It wasn't Lilliana. I tested her DNA, and that is not her. Which means-"

"Which means that Lilli might be out there somewhere alive?!" I said, processing the information.

She nodded.

"But that also means that someone had to have taken her and put a fake body in her place as to make us think that it was Lilliana." She said, walking over to her desk.

"Is there anyone you know of who dosent like you or Lilliana enough to want to make you believe she's dead?" She asked, looking back up at me.

"Well uhm.. Pansy Parkinson..." I said, recalling the time I had been cornered by her in the bathroom while pregnant with Lilli.

"My father if he knew Lilli was mine." Draco said, watching me carefully.

"He-who-must-not-be-named? He doesn't have a very good relationship with my family.." I added, holding Draco's hand tighter.

Madam Pomfrey nodded, writing down what we had said.

"Alright, I'll talk to professor Dumbledore about this. Will you two go back to your dorms?" She said, getting up and taking the silencing charm off the room.

We nodded and walked back to my room.

When we entered, I turned to Draco, tears in my eyes.

"Draco, Lilliana might be alive... She-" I stopped, burying my face into Draco's shirt.

"I know Brin, hopefully we find her then." He said, picking me up and walking back to our room and laying down with me.

"We have a chance to find our daughter Dray." I said, looking up at him.

"We will find our daughter." He said, pulling me closer.