Chapter Ten

Luke's perspective

When North noticed the bruise on my neck I decided to spill my guts. The plan was for Sang to come and live safely with the pack at a distance from my brothers so as to not overwhelm her, but when I felt her new found hope of a better life I realized I was being selfish. Maybe it will be too much for her in the end and when it comes to it she will leave. All I can do is hope she does not take my brother's hearts like she did mine. It was an unexpected decision on my part, but I have never been good at keeping something of this magnitude to myself. I regret it now as each brother of mine stares me down, besides Corey that is as he is passed out on Raven's shoulder.

"What were you thinking!" Someone shouts.

"Who is she?" Someone else.

"How long have you kno-"

"Enough!" Mr. B commanded. All falls silent. How is Corey still sleeping?

Mr. B readjust his tie. "Now Luke, start from the beginning." He told me, so I do. At the end a stunned silence holds the room before the interrogation starts. Kota was the first to speak.

"How long have you been in contact with Malcolm and his pack?" Suddenly I do not wish to speak.

"Luke?" Kota prods. I sigh.

"I met Malcolm when I was eight. I was wandering the woods near Mom's home looking for the perfect tree to climb when I had lost my way. It was getting dark and cold." I shiver from the memory. "I knew Mom had forgotten about me by then, so I kept walking. I couldn't stop. Eventually I found a great oak that must have been hundreds of years old. Nestling in the roots I fell asleep." I paused to take a look around the room. Every single one of my brothers have a pained look in their eyes. "When I woke up I was sleeping next to Alex." North gasped. He knew I never let anyone near me while I slept for the longest time. "Alex is the third pup of Malcolm's. Malcolm led me home after that." I would go out looking for him time and time again after that day and each time he brought me to his den before returning me to Mom. It was not much longer before I was taken into Uncle's care. 

"Sang found Malcolm in a similar fashion, although it was many years later that I would learn of her existence." I said.

"When will Aggele Mou be here?" Silas asked. Everyone sat straighter in anticipation.

"She should be here by morning if everything went as planned." I responded. 

"What! That's not nearly enough fucking time to get her room painted and refurbished. Shit!" Gabe shouted. I smirked at that. Gabe's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Already ahead of you," I said.

"Your new room," Axel said. I smile.

"Yup," I said, popping the p.

"I knew it odd that you requested pink paint for the room," Gabriel said. "I just thought you were planning to paint North's Jeep again." Gabe continued. North grunts at the news and turns to leave walking out to his motorcycle probably to tinker with it some more.

With a jerk of his head Corey startled awake. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he looks around the room feeling the tension slowly dissipating.
"What'd I miss?" He asked. Some of my brothers chuckle. I just grin.

"No, seriously," he said. Poor Corey, maybe Mr. B will tell him.