Chapter Sixteen

Sang's Perspective 

Hunting with the pack brings forth one of the most exhilarating feelings in the world and remains to be my favorite group activity. Luke already plans on coming and once I'm done changing out of my school clothes and into more appropriate hunting attire I will go ask the rest of the boys if they would like to come. Although, I shouldn't bring more than five of them with me at a time or risk the pack being unsuccessful in the hunt. I take one glance around my room at the boys' house, all pink and brown with hints of blue and appreciate the effort Luke put in it to decorate the space for me, even if it is a little questionable. 

I open my door and look down both sides of the hallway knowing everyone's rooms are here. 

"Meet me in the kitchen!" I yelled, and walked right on down the stairs with a few sets of footsteps following not too far behind. It's only when I am sitting on a kitchen chair looking at eight of the guys surrounding me with adorable, confused expressions on their faces that I realized a text from the phone would have been more effective. I am still getting use to the idea of a phone. Next time. 

"what's going on?" Marc asked. Always impatient. 

"I'm going hunting with Malcolm's pack in about five minutes and wanted to know if anyone besides Luke would be tagging along." Variations of "I will" and "I want to" comes from each man. This is going to be tricky. 

"I can only take five of you at a time, including Luke. So this time I will take Dr. Sean, Brandon, Raven, Luke, and Victor. The next time the pack goes hunting I will call on you Corey, Nathan, Silas, Kota, and North. Okay." That leaves Mr. Blackbourne, Axel, Marc, and Gabriel if they ever want to come. 

The boys all grumble, but leave it be. 

"Will you be safe, Sang Baby?" North asked. His nickname still makes me blush from time to time and he is always unapologetic. 

"Yes, I have done it often and Mal never lets me leave eyesight." 

"Okay, don't let Luke get into too much trouble." 

"Hey!" Looks like Luke just entered the room. 

"I will." 

"When will the next hunting trip be?" This one came from Kota. He never stops planning ahead. 

"The pack goes hunting every two weeks, so around early October." I look at the clock hanging above the kitchen sink and realize we should have left two minutes ago. 

"Sounds good." 

"Good, because we are late. First round of boys put on your tennis shoes and lets go." They scramble to put their shoes on, tripping over themselves to catch up with Luke and I. On our way through the woods to the pack den it is not quiet and I will need to bring the boys up to speed on proper hunting adequate. Raven should be fine. He has been silent the whole fifteen minute walk so far and claims to be a "professional Russian" whatever that means. 

"Now, before we enter the den-" the boys stop their chatter to listen- "there are a some rules we need to go over." Luke rubs at the back of his neck and smiles at me impishly. 

"I forgot to mention that." 

"It's alright, Luke, It has been a while since you were last at the den." His hand drops to his side. 

"I guess." I go over and sling my arm around his waist. He huddles into me and sighs. He is so cute! 

"When we first enter the den you will stand behind me." I address the group. "You will not look any of the wolves in the eye and you will not touch any of their young without permission. An angry Mama wolf is hard to soothe once riled up." Nods all around. 

"When it is time to go out hunting you will be as silent as Raven has been-" he puffs up in pride-  "and a wolf will come to you and stand very still. At that point you will climb onto their back and stay there unless told otherwise. We don't want you getting hurt or causing a nuisance to the hunt. You will basically be treated like cubs until you learn the ways of the pack." That was a lot of information for them, but they are taking it in stride. Especially Dr. Sean who lights up at the idea of riding a wolf. 

"Good." I ask. 

"Good," they all respond. 

"Here we go," I uncover the small opening for the den and crawl through with Luke hot on my heels and the rest not far behind. 

May they all come out of this alive.