Chapter Six - Emotions

Twilight slowed down, turning back into his Hylian form and staring at the rocky paths. Wild managed to catch up to him, moving to stand next to him. "Wait, we gotta do something first!" Wild hummed, looking around and squinting his eyes. "Um..what are you-" Twilight began before he was Interrupted. "I'm trying to find..Oh! There, the Sheikah tower," the small hero smiled, pointing to the tall structure. "Okay- what exactly does that do?" Twilight had asked curiously. "I need to activate it so I can get a new piece of my map unlocked, this should be the last one." The smaller explained. "So you gotta climb all the way up there? That's a lot of work,"

"I would've but thanks to.. An old friend, I can do it a lot easier," Wild hummed. "I don't get it," Twilight sighed. "You'll see what I mean,"

"But I'm curious now!"

"I know. I know you are, Twi." Wild giggled softly, not realizing he'd given the other a nickname. The elder man stared down at him in shock. "Twi? Did I hear that correctly?" He questioned, a smile slowly making its way to his features. "I..um..you did..I just..I'm sorry." Wild stammered out, his cheeks flushing in embarrassment. "No, don't apologize. I don't normally allow anyone to give me nicknames, but I'll make an exception." Twilight said, ruffling his hair. Though the action soon turned into him running his fingers through it subconsciously. "Only you can call me that, little hero, I only want you to.." he muttered though Wild was too focused on the others hand movements on his head to hear his words. "Okay um.. Twi? What are you doing.?" He huffed softly, tilting his head in confusion. Twilight was too deep in his trance to hear Wild. He let out a soft hum as his hand slowly moved to the side of the Knight's head, playing with the side parts of his hair gently. "Twi..? Um.. Twilight!" Wild called out to try and get the taller male to snap out of it. A light pinkish hue on his cheeks. The Wolf hero finally came back to reality, immediately retracting his hand. "I uh..didn't mean to..you just um..reminded me of someone else, yeah-" he lied. Wild nodded in understanding before turning around and walking towards the tower. "Oh okay, I get it." He smiled softly. 'Hylia..his smile is so pretty. I mean what- what is going on with me??' Twilight thought to himself in a panic, walking with the other once again.

The tower was finally in front of them, wild sighed in relief. "Okay so.. How do we do this?" Twilight asked. "Okay, step back. It'll get windy." The younger male informed. He then was enveloped in a greenish blue transparent light before an updraft of wind was felt. Wild flew upwards with his paraglider, smiling sadly at seeing Revali's spirit for a second. The Wolf link stared in awe as he watched his companion fly up to the tower. After a few minutes, the tower turned blue and Wild glided down gracefully, landing next to Twilight. "Hey, I want to do that!" He huffed, staring at the short hero. "You don't have Revali's Gale, I'm sorry. Hm..maybe I can teach you! There's always updrafts around here, I can give you a makeshift paraglider!" He chirped. "Of course it'd be after we defeat Ganon, but it's a promise!" Twilight nodded and smiled softly. "You better keep that promise, shorty." He teased, ruffling Wild's hair. Wild glared and crossed his arms. "I'm not that short!"

"Eh...you kinda are."

"Shut up, let's just go!" The knight barked, marching off and continuing his path to Goron City. "Your glare really is adorable, you know." He teased, though a part of him was serious. Wild blinked and slowly turned to him. "I am not adorable," he shot back. "Oh C'mon yes you are, tiny little hero," Twilight snickered, grabbing the other's chin and making him look up at him. "Twi, what are you doing..?" Wild muttered softly, staring up at him. Twilight though soon found himself getting lost in the others cerulean eyes. "Your eyes..."

"What about them?"

"I never realized how..pretty they were.." Twilight muttered, as the other male's eyes widened. The Wolf hero blinked, snapping back to reality and pulling away. "I uh..I'm just teasing you, Wild. You should've seen your face!" He forced a laugh as he looked away. "Oh, right. Let's um continue the quest then," Wild sighed softly, walking down the rocky roads. Twilight nodded and walked as well. 'What is wrong with me..?? Why did I-..I think it's best if I keep my distance from now on... yeah," he thought to himself, shaking his head rapidly.

The two heroes finally were getting close. They arrived at a mine, having needed to drink fireproof elixirs. They completed a small side quest, collecting some lizards for a Hylian. And in turn wild was rewarded with the flamebreaker armor. Though what was odd was that the whole time, Twilight hadn't spoken a word to him. He only occasionally nodded or shook his head. Wild sighed, looking down. He gave up on trying to make small talk. 'Did I..do something wrong?' he frowned, making his way into the City. "You can um buy your own in that shop over there," the little Hylian explained. "Okay," was all the other responded with, walking off. Wild looked down, feeling a bit sad at the lack of communication.

The two, now fully dressed in the armor, were trying to help Yunobo out of the cave he was barricaded in. Wild found the cannon, rolling his remote bomb in. He triggered the explosive, sending boulders at the blocked off entrance and destroying it. "I actually used a cannon, that's amazing!" Wild beamed, looking at Twilight. "Mhm, nice.." was all he said in return. Wild looked away sadly, and began dragging his feet to the cave, keeping his eyes on the ground. 'What did I do..Twi? I'm sorry if I made you mad..' He thought.

Wild was busy talking to Yunobo as Twilight was in his own little world. Deep in thought. 'Why am I doing this?? What's wrong with me? I hate seeing him so upset, but everytime I'm close to him I act..strange,' he questioned in his mind as he let out a frustrated groan.

"Okay, well Rudania was easy. I didn't think you'd stay behind while I...Um..Twilight are you okay.?" Wild finally asked as they made their way out of Death Mountain. "Yes, I'm fine. Why do you ask.?" The Wolf Link responded. "Well you're not talking to me anymore..and you promised you'd fight with me too, not just walk. You said I wouldn't be alone yet..you're making me feel that way..if I made you mad.." he trailed off. Twilight thought for a moment before sighing, the guilt forcing him to speak up. "You didn't do anything wrong, I was just having a little... situation. Debating on something, I shouldn't have shut you out. I'm sorry.." He smiled softly, ruffling his hair. "Oh what is it? Maybe I can help you with it,"

"No no no! I mean it's fine, I got it. Let's go to the desert now," Twilight interjected, grabbing his friend's arm and running off.

"Next stop, Vah Naboris."