Chapter Eleven - Strangers

Darkness. Darkness was all you could see. No shadows, no silhouettes, nothing. Which was odd, you'd assume there'd be something in the afterlife. But..there wasn't. It was just a dark abyss, no sound was heard either.

Wild looked around, puzzled at the new strange environment he found himself in. He walked slowly, hesitant and alert for he didn't know what he would come across. His shoes made no noises as he moved, almost as if he wasn't even walking on any ground. "Where..am I..?" He muttered, his voice echoing throughout the strange new place. "Is this it..? I failed.. again..?" He sighed softly, looking down in shame as he wrapped his arms around himself tightly. "Damn it.."

He then heard a noise. The first sound since he'd been there. A swishing like noise. He looked up to see a small light, increasing in size and seeming to form a...person?
Wild squinted his eyes as he tried to make out who this was or..what this was. He tried to reach for his sword, only to find that he had none of his weapons on him. Not even a single arrow. He huffed and took a step back from the strange glowing entity. "What is happening..?"

The entity began changing shape rather quickly as if choosing what form to take on. Wild stared, slight fear in his eyes as he tried to look for an escape route. Though there was absolutely nothing. "What is that..? What is this place..? I just want to know if everyone's okay.."

"You should be a little more worried about yourself right now, silly,"

A voice hummed, a small giggle following after. Wild immediately looked up at where the voice came from. His eyes widened as a soft gasp left his lips. "Wait..wh..who a-are you?" He stammered out with a slightly panicked tone in his voice.

"Well.. I'm Link, but to make it less confusing, call me.." The stranger then trailed off for a moment before perking up again. "Call me Sky!"

"Sky.? Well um..Sky, where exactly am I..? I don't know what's going on anymore.." The younger Hylian asked softly, fiddling with his leather gloves nervously. "See, that's where it gets a little complicated.."

"Complicated..? What do you mean.?"

"Mhm, well that beast you were fighting wounded you. You're gone...but I pulled you into this place. I stopped you from going straight to the heavens because I believe it wasn't your time yet. Your story wasn't supposed to go like that..not at all. So I wanted to give you another chance!" Sky beamed, a sweet smile on his features."When you were fighting back there, you seemed kinda distracted? What was on your mind?"

"I just..had an argument with a friend.. I think he hates me now..and another chance..? But..all I ever do is fail.. I'm not meant to be a hero, I shouldn't be part of this..you should've let me go up-"

"Now hang on a minute, what am I hearing?? Who told you that? I swear if you're getting bullie-"

"No no, I told myself that..people just happen to agree with me. I didn't save Hyrule, Sky..I messed up and now my family is gone.." Wild mumbled, trying to blink back the tears that threatened to spill. "Wild.. you're not a failure..not at all. You fought your bravest and look! You even got another chance to redeem yourself! You were brought back for a reason. Listen, Hyrule isn't lost. There's still villages, there's still people that you've given hope to. The Kingdom will eventually repopulate and towns will be rebuilt. But don't give up on them. You fought till your last breath, you kept getting up when you were knocked down..I think that's pretty heroic, don't you? You're amazing! I know you lost your family..but when all this is over, perhaps you can even have a family of your own. Perhaps with that..'friend' of yours?"

Wild stared up at the taller male in surprise. He was absolutely speechless. He was lost in thought, pondering on what Sky had said before freezing at the last comment. His face slowly turning a deep shade of red. "What?? That will never happen! He's just a friend!" The little Hylian panicked as he covered his face. Sky giggled and pat his head. "Right, no, I believe you, Wild." He hummed.

"Whatever.."