Chapter Nine - Thunderblight

Wild had finally shot at the last leg of Naboris. He parted ways with Riju, now inside of the mechanical beast. He sighed as he walked around, trying to find the terminals. He hummed softly, trying to block out the event from before. Though he found it difficult. He fought back tears as he marched on. "I don't want him to be more disappointed in me.." He muttered as he kept moving around.

Twilight was desperately running towards where the divine beast was. Though it was still, what looked to be, miles away. He gasped for air as he slaughtered any lizalfos that got in his way. "Wild..you idiot..I said I'd fight alongside you..I'm sorry.!" He muttered, too focused on finding his friend to realize how hot it had gotten.

Wild had three terminals left. He walked around, pressing the controls on his Sheikah slate, and shooting at whatever Malice he encountered as well as destroying those mini guardians. "I can do this..I won't fail him again!" He huffed, wiping away the occasional tears that rolled down his cheeks. "I can do this..I can do this.." He mumbled.

Twilight panted heavily as he ignored the aching sensation in his legs and the burning feeling in his chest and stomach. His lungs begged for him to take a break and catch his breath but he refused. He kept on running and running, eventually turning into his beast form so his speed would increase. Anxious to see his friend.

Wild had two terminals left now. He smiled softly as he spotted one of them. He eventually made his way over, lifting his slate and hovering it over the glowing pedestal on the terminal. The voice of his dear friend praising him and encouraging him to find the last one. He smiled softly at hearing the green eyed woman's voice, his heart aching as he longed to see them. "I'll avenge you guys.."

Twilight finally arrived at the beast, he looked up at it as he finally slowed down his pace. He panted heavily as his chest area burned. "I'm coming, little hero. I'm coming, hold on!" He exclaimed, gasping for air as he began making his way up to the entrance of the large robotic creature. "Hang on,Wild..hang on!"

Wild finally found all of the Terminals, sighing contently. He made his way to the main control unit. He paused as he heard a warning from his Gerudo friend. He nodded softly and lifted the slate once again, hovering it over. Though Malice began pouring and shooting out of the machine. The small hero backed up and took out his weapon and shield. He prepared to fight the fourth creature like he had with the other three divine beasts. Soon the malice had created another monster. Thunderblight. Roars were heard as it immediately zoomed towards Wild at incredibly fast speeds. The hero struggled to dodge the attacks and lightning that was shot at him. He panted, making sure to stay alert at all costs.

Twilight heard the clashing of swords and the sounds of electricity. His eyes widened as he climbed up faster, worry written all over his face as he heard Wild's occasional yelps. He glared at the thought of someone or something hurting him, using that as his motivation and strength to climb higher. "Just hold on, you got this.." He huffed as more adrenaline ran through him.

Wild was growing weak. He had received many hits. Burns and gashes littered his body as he desperately tried to reach his sword that had been sent flying due to one of the balls of electricity the beast had sent towards him. He let out cries of pain as he was hit and slashed at again and again but the determination forced him to keep fighting. He could tell he had weakened the blight a lot since it seemed to grow angrier. The small Hylian smiled softly, though his vision was blurry. He had lost too much blood. He finally found his blade, and was about to turn around but was too late. Thunderblight had appeared behind him too quickly for Wild to properly react. He gasped as the beast slashed at the hero, sending him stumbling backwards. He landed near the outside of the divine beast. A trail of blood followed him from where he was attacked to where he now laid. He gasped for air as he brought a shaky hand to his wound. The crimson liquid gushing and oozing out, staining his blue tunic. Fortunately, he managed to swing at the blight at the same time he was hit. Which was all he needed. The monster screeched and squirmed before dispersing.

Twilight had managed to get to the top, peeking over the edge when he saw the situation occur. His eyes widened as he saw the little hero fight for his life. The scene was horrific, especially seeing the state his friend was in. He climbed up more, running over to Wild as fast as he could. He landed on his knees in front of him and cupped his cheeks. "Wild..?"

"Twi..d..did I get him..?" Wild weakly asked, a soft smile on his face. "Y..yeah, you got him..relax. Its over now.. we're safe, lets get you to a doctor.." The older man muttered, his eyes watering. "Twi..I'm sorry..f..for..failing you-"

"No no..you didn't-...Wild..?"

The smaller boy had gone limp. The silence alerted Twilight that he had stopped breathing. He stared in horror as his shaky hands covered the wound to try and get it to stop bleeding. "Y-you're okay..right Wild..? Talk to me..wild! W-would you just get up..? Please just g-get up! You're okay..! Wild..?" The Wolf hero panicked as his voice trembled and cracked. "Wake up..WAKE UP! PLEASE!" He cried, hiccups escaping his lips as he found it difficult to breathe. "I'm s..sorry..! I'm sorry! You're n-not a failure..! Wild, get up!"

"Wild p-please!"