Chapter Eight - Regret

Wild had arrived at Gerudo Town with Twilight. He smiled up at the rocky walls that surrounded the village. "Hm, well only women are allowed..how are we going to..let me go talk to that person." He hummed, running off to the random Hylian walking around. The elder hero chuckled and observed the situation, but tilted his head curiously at seeing Wild's face turn a bright red. What were they talking about?

Wild made his way back to his friend, staring at the ground. "I have to go to the Bazaar-..please please please don't make fun of me.." He whined softly, covering his face. Now Twilight was really confused but intrigued nonetheless. "Alright..? Let's go then." He hummed.

Twilight was waiting by the water while Wild was on top of the structure, talking to someone. He sighed as he waited, curious and anxious to see what the big deal was. Eventually, Wild hesitantly climbed down the ladder. He slowly walked towards Twilight, avoiding eye contact. "Okay..let's make this quick.." The other Link slowly turned to him, his eyes widening as he dropped the arrow he was playing around with. "D-don't say anything! I have no choice!" Wild quickly exclaimed. The other, however, only stared. Eyeing the other up and down as a smirk crept onto his features. "Dressing like a girl? I didn't know you were this feminine~" He teased, walking closer as the younger male stepped back. "I said I have too! Stop making fun of me!" He huffed. "Alright alright..but this isn't over, little hero~" He purred with a low chuckle causing Wild to cover his face in embarrassment. "S..shut up!"

Wild had successfully snuck into the Town along with completing the quest of retrieving the thunderhelm. He now had decided to head for the shrine in the far back of the desert instead of completing Naboris right away. He needed more weapons anyway. He knew it was a long trip, but he wanted to spend more time with Twilight without anyone else being there. "So we're trying to find one of the Great Fairy Fountains?" Twilight asked as the other male nodded. "Yeah, I think this is the last one. They're really weird though," he informed, a small giggle leaving his lips. That laugh made Twilight so happy, just hearing it gave him that familiar feeling of butterflies in his stomach. "Weird?" He hummed. "Mhm, but you have to see it for yourself. I can't really explain what I mean." He laughed once again making the taller hero smile down at the other. "I've noticed you've been much happier than when I first met you," he stated casually, reaching over and patting Wild's head gently. "Well yeah, I was so alone on this..journey, I missed having people with me..telling me it'll be okay and helping me..you're a really good friend, Twi!"

'Good Friend...?' The wolf hero thought, his smile fading from his face as his expression became serious. He didn't like that. Not that he didn't like the young hero, he just felt hurt by that word and he didn't know why. 'I..don't want to be just friends with you..' He sighed softly. Eventually he was brought back to reality by his companion tapping his arm. "Twi..? Twi! You've been staring at me, are we not friends-?" He asked, feeling a bit hurt. "No no, we are! Sorry, I spaced out for a minute," Twilight brushed off making Wild light up. "Oh okay! Well anyway, as I was saying you make me really happy!" He said, giving him a wide smile. 'I make him happy..I like that,'

"You make me happy too,"

"Really?!"

"Mhm," Twilight chuckled, wrapping his arm around the others shoulders. 'More than you could imagine..' He smiled softly to himself. The two continuing their journey. They traveled during the night so it was cooler, resting in the shade during the day.

"Hm..um.." Wild muttered, as Twilight looked over. It's been a few days since they found a spot to cool down, so they had to keep traveling and Twilight was getting agitated. The dry heat and exhaustion making him become angrier and more frustrated with every little inconvenience. "What now?" The elder Hylian growled. "My..um Sheikah slate lost signal..I don't know where we are..I'll find it, give me a sec-"

"You've got to be kidding me!" Twilight interrupted causing Wild to flinch. "We're stuck in this stupid desert, in a sand storm, and now we lost signal?? All because you wanted to see a stupid fairy!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry..that's not why i-"

"No, no, don't even try to come up with an excuse! I never wanted to come here in the first place!"

"Then why did you agree to it??" Wild yelled back which irritated the taller man even more. "Because you asked, I didn't think we'd get lost!"

"It's not my fault, I lost signal because of the storm!" Wild tried defending himself as he took a step back from the angry wolf hero. "I'll get us out of here, I promi-"

"No! I thought this would've been a good idea, I thought we would've been in and out, finishing the quest smoothly! But no, you had to fail even at that!" He scolded, walking closer as he towered over the tiny Hylian. "W..what's that supposed to mean!?" He asked, glaring up at Twilight.

"You fail at everything!"

"No I don't, I can accomplish my tasks!"

"Oh really?" Twilight scoffed, crossing his arms. "Yeah, I can!"

"Then who's the one that failed to save Hyrule?? At least I succeeded in my timeline! You couldn't even protect one princess at the very least!"

Wild froze, his eyes widening as he stared up at the other male. "I..I...you're right..I..I'm sorry..I do fail, I'm sorry Twilight. I just..wanted to spend time with you a bit longer..i-I.." He muttered, his voice quiet as it became shaky. Cracking a little as his body trembled. "I'm sorry.." He whimpered, tears now rolling down his cheeks as he ran off in the opposite direction. Twilight was breathing heavily, fury clouded his vision before he realized what he had said. "Wait..I didn't mean that.." He mumbled, about to run after the other but he had already disappeared inside the sand storm.

Twilight eventually found Gerudo Town again, looking around for Wild. He ran up to one of the guards outside one of the entrances. "Have you seen a little Hylian wearing your traditional clothing?? It's blue a-and green and-"

"Yes, the little Vai? She went off to stop Vah Naboris." The Gerudo responded. Twilight froze as he stared at the guard in horror. His face paled, the thought of Wild fighting alone terrified him.

'He w..what.?'