•tape one•

I nod my head to Cypress Hill's Insane in the Brain as it plays on my Walkman and through my headphones

I nod my head to Cypress Hill's Insane in the Brain as it plays on my Walkman and through my headphones. I put down my black crayon and pick up a red one, coloring in the other suit of my dad's, who is standing next to me in the drawing.

If my headphones were sound proof, they'd block out all the noise of the city and the cars around and below me.

My feet hit the cement side of the tall bridge above another street, but my feet don't even hurt even after the long while I've been out here. There's specific padding in my suit for this.

Dad told me I didn't need it in my suit, but I think I do. Therefore, when we made it together, we put it in. It also came across with my argument of 'it's my suit, Dad. Not yours. I'm not completely invincible like you."

Someone taps my shoulder, and I groan out loud, taking one side of my headphones off before turning to her. She looks taken aback, not only by the drawing in my hand, but also because I'm wearing all of my suit. Even the mask.

"You need something, lady?" I ask her after a minute.

She shakes her head. "Why are you on the edge of the bridge, young...girl?"

I blink at her, not that she can see it through the mask. "I was contemplating on jumping," I deadpan, folding the paper in my hands and grabbing my Walkman. I salute her and move to the side swiftly, falling off the bridge and into the back of an empty trash truck passing by.

I internally groan at the impact, but I smile to myself at the shocked and concerned look of the older woman on the bridge.

I put one leg over the other, tapping my foot and continue on my drawing of me and my dad. When the truck finally comes to a stop outside of a building only a few blocks from the apartment, I hop out and shoot the very confused driver finger guns before I continue on my way.

I cut through an old alley, which normally cuts my walking distance down by a minute or two.

Normally.

I hear something crunch against the underside of a shoe. I stop in my tracks and feel my body tingle as I go invisible, going around the slightly unfamiliar person. They glance around with their brows furrows. Light brown hair, which is short. All black clothes. The type that you would wear on a tired day though. Joggers and a flowy shirt. Something I wouldn't be caught dead in.

"I feel you," he says.

Bitch, no the fuck you don't.

I pull my pistol out and click off the safety, pointing the barrel at his temple as I stand to their side. I become visible again, and he jumps a little.

"Feel me now, asshole?" I ask, tilting my head. "The fuck are you?" They take a step back, then one towards me. I raise my gun more. "One more goddam step, and I'll blow your fucking brains out."