•tape forty-nine•

My phone rings, and I huff and grab it. The time on the clock says midnight, and my phone says 'Hunter.' I answer the phone and rub my eyes, pulling the covers over me while I turn away from Bucky.

"What's up, Hunter?" I ask.

"Where have you been?" he asks. "I texted you to reschedule, then I stopped by your place, but the lady at the front desk says you went in with a man, came out with him and haven't been back since. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I say as Bucky moves around.

"Who is it?" he asks, his voice raspy as he rubs his eyes.

"Who's that?" Hunter asks.

Bucky takes the phone from me and puts it to his ear. "Buck—" I start, turning to him.

He puts his finger up and keeps his eyes on me. "Who's this?" he asks. "Hunter? Oh, right. Okay, well, yeah, May can't really be on the phone right now. She kind of just woke up. Who am I? I'm Sergeant James Barnes. Why am I with her? Well, I've kind of been with her for a lot of stuff. We're also naked under the covers right now because we just had sex while she was wearing my dog tags."

"Buck, stop, Jesus," I say, going to take the phone from him. He hangs up and hands it to me. "Jesus, you're so stupid," I laugh. "Did you have to say that last bit?"

-

"I still don't understand why you have a red handkerchief on a combat boot," Bucky says as we walk along the dock towards Sam and a few other men.

"Style, Sarg," I say. "Duh."

"Well, how do we get it off the truck?" I hear Sam ask.

Bucky walks over to the truck and picks up whatever they were talking about. He grunts and drops it on the boat. "You're welcome." He puts his hand out to me, so I walk over to him and hand him the case. "Just dropping this off," he says, putting it on the back of the truck. "You can sign for it, and we'll go."

Sam walks over to it and touches the case.

"I called in a favor from the Wakandans," Bucky tells him. Sam looks between the two of us before we all look over at a pipe as something starts to spray out of it.

"Sam!" a woman says, walking over. Sam nods and rushes over to the pipe, grabbing a wrench before trying to fix the pipe.

"Hi!" Bucky says to the woman, walking over to Sam.

"Hi," she says, then turns to me. "Hi, I'm Sarah."

"Hey, Sarah," I say. "I'm Cher. One of Sam's friends."

She nods. "I've heard a lot about you."

"Hold on, hold on!" Bucky says to Sam, taking the wrench. "You gotta go up." He puts the wrench on the pipe before turning it and fixing it. He nods and drops the wrench.

"Why didn't you use the metal arm?" Sam asks.

Bucky click his tongue and looks at his arm. "Well—I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right-handed."

"He's strong," Sarah says.

I nod. "Yeah. Trust me. I know."

"Hey, May," Bucky says, and I look over at him. "Wanna help us?"

"See you later, Sarah," I tell her, hopping into the boat.

"I'm Bucky," Bucky says to her, smiling.

"Ah, Sarah," she says.

"You're beautiful, Sarah!" I tell her, walking over to Sam while Bucky follows me.