zero.

——— zero|art history ———

They say don't judge a book by its cover.

One should look ahead from the exterior the other is showing to see who they truly are, as it is what reflects on the outer beauty and is the true personality of a person.

Some could be beautiful on the outside but rotten on the inside, some can be the opposite of that, while some can be either disgusting in and out. However, perfect on the outside and inside? That is the rarest of them all. How could one be so damn perfect, no stain of impurity on their soul could be even seen? That sounds so fictional, something only main characters of certain books could possess. Something only few could have—though the more you look into it, the more you see that there is no such thing as a perfect person.

But hey, don't judge a book by its cover.

That idiom suited Han Yoona.

An unapproachable exterior, but deep within is a pot of gold.

And Park Jimin failed to see that. At first.

It was during Art History when they first met, although it didn't went that great.

Jimin despised Art History with a burning passion. He understood that learning what art had come through the past years is important, but he can't seem to put his attention out front and let history catch it. Maybe it's the way it was being taught, like how the lecturer's words goes past through one ear and exit to another, or maybe he just don't like history.

He preferred filming over anything, anyways. I prefer filming over anything, right?

He suppressed a yawn that tried to escape his lips, his eyes glaring down on the huge displayed screen below. A pen was being twisted between his fingers to keep his mind awake, but the longer he does it, the less it's effect. His eyes were too heavy to keep them awake, his mind screaming at him to take a breather and rest for a short while— maybe until the class ends?

But he pushed through the temptations, grabbing ahold of the last string of caffeine in his system to not drift in his own little world that was slowly pulling him away.

"Stay awake, Park Jimin." He told himself after giving his cheek a small pat. He blinked numerous times, zeroing at the professor explaining something he couldn't quite grasp. Semestral? What?

He ran his fingers through his hair in distraught, trying his best to just understand one single sentence throughout the discussion to say that his perseverance was worthy rather than dozing off like the other students in the hall were doing. Semestral project?

Jimin almost lost his balance once the words sunk in.

It was as if cold water was splashed on his face when he read the bold text on the screen that said SEMESTRAL PROJECT PARTNERS followed by a series of names paired side by side. He scrambled to take out his phone from his pocket, hastily typing in his password and scrolling through the conversation between him and Jeon Jungkook, a fellow film student who was two years younger than him.

from: Busan #2
—just a simple discussion about the renaissance. A little chitchat too, but idk if that's relevant.

Jimin took a sharp inhale as he read it over and over again, stopping to pinch his nose bridge to calm himself down. He dramatically dropped on the wooden table, resting his chin on top as he come to accept his fate and just try to look for his name on the screen. He was too busy searching for his name that he failed to realize someone had took a seat next to him, only knowing the person's presence when vanilla perfume was all he could smell around him. He squinted his eyes, doing his best not to gag to not hurt the person's feelings. He's not really fond of that kind of perfume, it's too suffocating and difficult to convey the scent.

A girl with bleached hair was who he saw when he turned to look. One side of her hair was tucked behind her pierced ear with a dangling cross earring hooked in, her dark tinted lips slightly puckered out with her long eyelashes gently grazing the honey skin she possessed. She was clad in a white sweater with a small initial embroidered on the left side, a black pleated skirt and white shoes completing the look.

Though, Jimin didn't notice any of that.

It was the scowl on her face that got his attention.

Such look got him thinking if he had done her any wrong— wait do I even know her? He had exes, but he's super, pretty, ultra sure that she's not one of the two. Perhaps she's a friend? But why would she held such expression? Both of it ended on a good note. Maybe I did something wrong, after all.

He propped up his elbow to rest his cheek on his open palm, intrigued by the girl. He didn't back his gaze down, not even when she averted her look from her bag to his eyes. But the intense stare she gave come off as a glare somehow, offending the guy who spent no second to say what was on his mind.

"You're scary."

She pursed her lips, heavily sighing. Now she was offended, copying his action and had her leaning down on her own open palm, resulting with their faces close to one another. Neither moved back, not bothered by the close proximity they accidentally created. Her eyes narrowed as she eyed him up and down, studying him intently and letting out a light scoff right after. "They say you're a 10, but I honestly don't see much."

Jimin laughed loudly as a response, catching the attention of the students around them who were busy talking to one another about their plans for this project. They saw the forced innocent smile on the girl to the point a dimple was showing on her cheek, even placing a hand on her lips and tried to laugh along too.

While the boy— well, they can't read his reaction. He seemed to be in joy, judging the grin on his face and his action as he wiped his non-existent tears.

With his middle finger.

"Han Yoona." She introduced herself as she pushed her body up from the table, stretching her free hand at him for a handshake. He eyed it for a second, sitting up properly and taking her hand into his, tightening his grip when she did so to his own, forced smiles now making its way to their faces. "And you are... a 6?"

"Park Jimin." He corrected through gritted teeth, releasing the hold on her hand once he realized it's been too long. His mind went blank as he thought of what to rebut at her teasing, irritating him more. Why can't I say anything back? Am I... really a 6?

He shook his head to get rid of his thoughts, annoyed that he let her get into his head. He casted her a glare when he heard her stifle a laugh, racking his brain to think of just one tease for her. Something that will bother her like what she said bothered him too.

The professor deemed the class has ended, causing Yoona to hastily stood up and even almost flashing herself at him. Jimin quickly looked away, starting to fix his own things to avert his attention and hide the growing hue of red on his cheeks. She seemed to know what she did as she held onto the hem of her skirt and side-eyed him with a smirk painting her lips. Just by that fact irked him even more, the urge to overtop her was gnawing him, but he can't find the right words to drop that could give the same effect.

"I'm in the Music department, so if you need me for this project, you know where I am." She didn't wait for any response and left.

"Han Yoona of the Music department..." he mumbled to himself, letting his fingers play on his bottom lip. "we'll never get along."

Or so he thought.

After all, such stories end quite differently.

____________________