twenty-four.

——— twenty-four|im seohyun ———

Jimin looked like a walking corpse.

After talking with Seokjin last night, the older boy left him with his thoughts deeply bothering him. He was speechless after what Seokjin had said, and had remained quiet until he finally left the cafe when the sun started to peak among the city's skyscrapers. Jimin only went home to do his morning routine and immediately went to the university, quite early that Seohyun was surprised when she saw her friend walking in the empty halls.

"Jimin?" She had called out, but the mentioned boy simply looked up at her and gave out a smile, before walking past her. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he stopped from taking a step further away from her, only turning his head to look at the girl who held a concerned look. "Oh my, you look like shit. Did you stay up all night?"

"Does it matter?" He replied and fully faced Seohyun, his grip on his bag a bit loose due to the lack of energy. There were bags under his tired eyes, his face a bit paler than before, lips a bit dry. He was simply just in a sweater and pants, and his onyx hair was a mop of a mess. "Huh, you're alone today. Where's Taehyung?"

Seohyun scrunched her eyebrows, confused by his question. "Taehyung's running late because he need to stop by the workshop. Why'd you ask?"

As he was about to answer the question she threw, she cut her off quite quickly, "don't answer that. Let's just go, alright? You look like you need food and water in your system."

And so they entered the same cafe Jimin had crashed in last night, causing most of the workers inside to sport distressed looks as they all looked over the guy that was dragging himself in one of the many tables in the shop. Lazily slumping down on a chair, Seohyun didn't waste any time and started asking questions, "how are you, Jimin? It's been so long since we last hung out."

Jimin frowned, something he subconsciously started doing for the past days. Has it been that long since they last went out alone? He remembered he asked her out for a quick walk along the city, it was a mundane thing to do but he remembered he loved every second of it. As he slid down in his seat, he mumbled a quiet reply, "I'm doing fine."

"Is there any problem?"

"Everything's good, I just stayed up for the project." It was the half truth. He did stayed up all night for the preparation of the joint project he have with Yoona, but what kept him unfocused throughout the night was what Seokjin had said. Was it painfully obvious that he started looking at Yoona in a different light? Did Yoona even caught a glimpse of it? She probably did, she's too keen and perceptive. But then he thought things further, and his mind went back to a question that was buried. Do I really like Yoona, or was I simply distracted by her?

He's sure though, even had set his mind to move on from Seohyun, but his feelings towards the music major was causing him a ton of confusion to the point he can't really understand it at all. He'd done hundreds of mistakes in the past, and he really want to put an end to it. So before letting the world know his little secret, he'll have to keep it to himself for the meantime— until he could finally say without hesitation that he, Park Jimin, had found the person worth waiting for, and that being, hopefully, Han Yoona.

He was in too deep with his thoughts that Seohyun had thought he had fallen asleep, but he blinked up to the girl and let out a question he had thought of, "how do you know if you like someone?"

"Oh," Seohyun hummed, her hand reaching up to the back of her neck and scratching a part of it. "I'm not really good with relationships advices, given that I have never been into one since I was born, but I strongly believe that you'll just immediately know if you like someone."

Seohyun paused, leaning back on her seat and crossing her arms over her chest, "you'll start thinking about them all the time, wondering if they had their lunch, wondering if they're okay after taking an unexpected shower under the rain, thinking about them first when you've done something so amazing because you wanted them to be the first to know. You'll feel this longing deep within your heart, just yearning for their attention and time, not wanting to let them go. And then you'll feel so safe whenever they're around, you'll feel like you're.... home."

"Liking someone feels like home, and you'd start wondering how and why— but I don't think liking someone needs an explanation on how things have unfolded. Words can't really express what you feel, especially when it comes to romantic feelings." Seohyun glanced up at Jimin who was really digesting every word she had said, which made her wonder if her friend was really okay. "Jimin, is everything really okay? Is this about Yoona?"

Jimin could only heaved a heavy exhale as he rubbed his face, so close to losing his mind about what he's feeling. Still with his hands holding his head, he mumbled, "we're not dating, Seohyun. Yoona and I are just friends."

"What?"

"It was nothing but a lie. I panicked and said the first thing I could ever think of, and that being dating Yoona."

Seohyun blinked, mind boggled on what he's spewing. "And why would you think that? Why Yoona?"

Shit, Jimin doesn't want to confess, especially not now when he's out of his element. His hands slowly fell down on his lap, his gaze immediately connecting with hers. "Forget everything I said, I was not thinking straight."

Jimin stood up abruptly from his seat, a hand running through his messed up hair. He's tired, confused, drained— everything he could ever think of. He's exhausted, very, and he wanted to do nothing for the entire day. Taking his camera bag off of his shoulders, he placed it down on the table and pushed it forward, "I'll just call it a day. Please give this to Yoona, she knows what to do with it."

And so he left the cafe with trouble thoughts, once again, and head back to his apartment without even uttering a word. The silence of his space only worsened the voices in his head as he entered inside, locking the door behind him and just took everything off of his body. With his bag resting on the island, his shoes kicked off with the socks stuffed inside, his sweater hanging by his sofa, and his pants thrown somewhere around the small claustrophobia-inducing hallway of his, he trudged forward to his room and just plopped down on his unmade bed. And with his eyes fluttering shut, he had expected to be alone for the entire day.

And he was proven wrong when his doorbell rung after a few hours.

____________________

Not edited!

I love Seohyun, I hope you guys do too. Which is why I named the chapter after her, so you guys could see more of her and hopefully have a positive reaction towards her.

-Semi