prolouge

Horace took a strained inhale of the blunt holding it out between his burned fingertips.

His eyes were bloodshot, bags up under them growing as time ticked by.

His phone buzzed in his pocket and he put it on DND, with the little focus he had.

"You was gonna jump weren't you?"

"Ion know."

"It's a yes or no question." Horace gritted out, his hands still shaking from the moments before, his mind still stuck on what could've been. His companion was farther elsewhere in the mind, washing away his bad decisions with weed.

Tilting his head, Kentrell took the blunt back, taking as much smoke his lungs could hold letting the smoke cloud around him, his eyes focused on the lights of the city below.

They sat atop an empty and abandoned parking lot. Soon to be demolished and the perfect place to just disappear- become a distance memory on the tip of everyone's tongues.

"And I said Ion know."

Shaking his head Horace chewed the inside of his mouth, keeping everything he wanted to say buried deep in his stomach.

The words swam around, mixing with emotion and confusion, feelings he didn't want himself to have festering.

Feelings breaking rules he had set.

"Nardo?"

"Yeah?"

"If I tried to jump again would you let me?" His face automatically screwed up, 100% perplexed.

"Fuck kinda question is that?"

"Just one I wanna know the answer too." He shrugged the way he usually did, casual about the craziest of things.

There was a beat of silence but Horace wanted to be concrete on his next words.

"No." He swallowed. "I'd never let you jump."

Kentrell finally looked his way, his mouth in a straight line but his eyes smiling, a difference the younger learned to pick up on.

"Good."

He knew he had a hold on him then, one that would be harder to sever. Horace felt it in his feet instead of his stomach, harder in his heart rather then his brain, rational thinking draining from his body.

Kentrell was high as hell and Horace was starting to feel high off of him.

"You keep me back from the ledge."

"I do?"

"Yeah," He went on, "I always feel grounded when I'm with you."

There was a weight in his words, a responsibility Horace had taken on. Kentrell was older but still he felt like protecting him.

He'd lost his cousin and he refused to let anyone else die on his watch.

Settling next to Kentrell trying not to look down at the streets below, he let him intertwine their fingers. Kentrell's hands cold to the touch. They could both be so stagnant on intimacy knowing they both craved it.

He always took the first steps, maybe thats what made it easier to put up with his shit.

"I couldn't die if I tried anyway." At the annoyed look on his opposites face he burst into laughter. Drugs kicking in the way he wanted.

"You nothin' but fuckin' confusion."

"Yeah but I'm yo confusion." He crushed the last of the blunt onto the ground, placing his hand onto Horace's neck finally smashing their lips together slipping in tongue at the same time.

They roughly kissed one another, A kiss he didn't think they'd get to share again.

Yeah, Horace was got, hook line and sinker.

No matter how unstable Kentrell was, he knew Horace wasn't going nowhere.

Horace knew it too.

thoughts on this prolouge?
where yall think their relationship finna go?

thank you so much for reading love you and the first chapter dropping soon!