five

happy new year!!

♤ NARDO ♤

Horace couldn't remember how he let it happen again. He'd went to another meeting Kentrell convincing him to come over his place to smoke afterwards.

Next thing he knew he was pinned on the couch, up under Kentrell sloppily kissing.

He chalked it up to his body yearning for intimacy nothing more.

Then it kept happening, which in retrospect Horace didn't think it was too weird.

Friends randomly made out all the time, right?

"Mmm-" He moaned into his mouth, the lazy friction between them stirring his stomach.

Tapping at the man's chest, they pulled apart, Horace taking as many deep breaths as he could.

"You good?" Kentrell asked leaning over him, the smell of weed and colonge filling his nose.

"Yeah,"He could feel the heat on his cheeks, blushing from the attention."I'm just gettin' hungry."

"We can get somethin' to eat then."

That was that, the duo then sitting inside a Mexican restaurant talking and eating.

"Told you they was good." Kentrell smiled behind his drink watching Horace tear into his tacos.

They'd been arguing on the way over about the place to go, Horace swearing on his mama that they couldn't have been better then where he usually went.

"I ain't gon' say you put me on." He took another bite,"But I also ain't gon lie like this shit don't buss."

"That's just a roundabout way of admittin' it."

"Shutcho' ass up."He wiped at his mouth."You always tryna rile me up."

"I mean that ain't nothin' hard to do." He smacked his lips.

"So what, I'm easily irritated?"

"We literally go to the same anger management class, whatchu' think?"

"I'm misunderstood." He laughed lightly, "You say whatever, however."

"I ain't got nobody to apologize too but my God."

"I know you ain't the religious type."

"I ain't."Kentrell then looked thoughtful."I figure it's gotta be some God up there tho.

"Me neither."Horace leaned back stretching."Way I figure it somethin' had to create us we just ain't plop here."

His mind kept wandering to the thought of how easy their dynamic could flip. Never an acknowledgment of the fact they had been making out, just back to vibing like friends.

He'd never experienced anything like it.

"What if we did?"

"Then our lucks pretty shitty then."

"You always tryna be funny."
They left out of the restaurant still talking when a man began to yell their way.

"Ayo Trell!" At the call of his name, Horace expected him to scrunch his face up.

But the pure excitement that washed over him was a shock.

"Baby Joe!" He watched as the men squeezed the life out of each other, the dreadhead's cheeks going rosy.

They finally pulled apart a second later but at that point Horace already felt out of the loop. He stuffed his hands in his hoodie pockets, digging his nails into his palms.