fifteen

(504)787-9032

Why you ain't tell me you and ole boy was dating
1:39 p.m.

ain't seem relevant.
1:41 p.m.

Why the hell wouldn't that be relevant?
How long y'all been together?
1:45 p.m.

four months, it ain't been that long but i know he my forever person.
1:47 p.m.

awww, you really in love. you gone put a ring on it?
1:48 p.m.

maybe
1:50 p.m.

the same one you gave me?
1:51 p.m.

you ain't as funny as you think you are.
1:52 p.m.

yk how I play
1:58 p.m.

yeah but i ain't playing back.
2:00 p.m.

Kentrell waited for Joe to text him again, his thumb shaking with anticipation.

He was in love with Horace, that was a fact.

However,

For him to expect he was going to stop talking to Joe was unrealistic. They were friends before dating, and when he texted him that first time at the club and the responses he got after, there was no way Kentrell could justify it as a mistake anymore.

It was nothing serious, just the texting and two phone calls. That was it and that was all.

It's what Kentrell allowed himself to do anything extra and he felt like he was pushing imaginary boundaries. He'd lied about it because he didn't want to create problems that weren't there, start a fight that'd ruin how good they'd been doing.

He thought that maybe he and Joe could be what they used too.

Go back to being friends and he could have Nardo all the same, it was so simple in theory.

"Trell?" Tyquian called out as he wrapped a gift. They were getting together a surprise birthday party for Ben but for some reason Nick and him were doing a lot more work then Kentrell was.

He was being more distracted then usual.

"What?"

"You all up in ya phone."

"Right." Nick chimed in, cutting out part of the banner he was making.

"I got important shit goin' on unlike y'all."

"Nardo probably sendin' you booty pictures." He joked Kentrell rolling his eyes.

"Bitch, y'all wish witcha' fruity asses."

"If he not then finish doin' your side of the room." Nick placed a hand on his hip, "You do realize we on a time limit, right?"

"Yeah, yeah and it'll get done befo' said time." He mumbled glancing at the response he got from Joe.

why you being so defensive
2:03 p.m.

i'm not being defensive.
2:04 p.m.

yo texts got a tone the same way yo voice do, don't gaslight me nigga
2:05 p.m.

whatever joe.
2:06 p.m.